Page 1 of 3
the best and one of the only true remaining black metal bands
(as well as being a location within mordor in middle earth)
there's already a gorgoroth thread i believe

besides gaahl's funnier anyways
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Quote by Black-Metal

I do beg to differ with your first statement.
Kein Engel kommt um euch zu rächen...

Quote by Spynal
I think I speak for the entire metal forum when I say it is an absolute HONOR to have you on these forums Mr. Vikernes.
there are only a few true (well-known, i understand there are hundreds still in the under ground circuit) black metal bands left that are regularly releasing stuff
bands like gorgoroth, taake, trelldom etc

bands like dimmu borgir, cradle of filth and emperors newer stuff can't really count as true black metal.
it has so much propagander and is too well produced and structured.
its more like, REALLY heavy gothic metal
Quote by Black-Metal
there are only a few true (well-known, i understand there are hundreds still in the under ground circuit) black metal bands left that are regularly releasing stuff
bands like gorgoroth, taake, trelldom etc

bands like dimmu borgir, cradle of filth and emperors newer stuff can't really count as true black metal.

Well aren't you just tr00. too tr00 for Ug
Quote by Black-Metal

Is that a type of goose?
Quote by Makkis
Is that a type of goose?

yes.
it is.

it is a PROPER goose.
hence PROPERgander.

also
i've never ever seen a real black metal fan type tr00 or gr1m.
thats just the emo's trying to be black metal
Last edited by Black-Metal at Oct 31, 2007,
Quote by shredhead22
there's already a gorgoroth thread i believe

besides gaahl's funnier anyways
yeah, but Infernus started the band, Gaahl is the 3rd vocalist, and he nearly quit a bunch of times. if anyone deserves the rights to the band name its Infernus
Quote by Alucard II
yeah, but Infernus started the band, Gaahl is the 3rd vocalist, and he nearly quit a bunch of times. if anyone deserves the rights to the band name its Infernus

i completely agree
infernus is the only orginal member
king is like, th 6th bassist and gaahl the 3rd vocalist.

AlucardII, if you are on myspace, join the group i mentioned at the top
Ghaal's a freak but thing is the stuff that went on in the black metal scene in the 90s is so blown out of proportion... I mean just look at the rap world. Constant murders, but no one freaks out about it. The black metal scene has seen what... 2 murders and 1 suicide in 10 years? (Emperor's drummer killed some dude, Varg killed Euronymous, and Dead of Mayhem killed himself)
^I think there's some more suicides but it doesn't matter, you got a point
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Quote by WNxScythe
Ghaal's a freak but thing is the stuff that went on in the black metal scene in the 90s is so blown out of proportion... I mean just look at the rap world. Constant murders, but no one freaks out about it. The black metal scene has seen what... 2 murders and 1 suicide in 10 years? (Emperor's drummer killed some dude, Varg killed Euronymous, and Dead of Mayhem killed himself)

It's because the Western world is fairly Christianized, so crimes that even have a shred of Satanism attached to them are exaggerated tenfold.

Hell, most people don't even know what Satanism is really about.
Yeah, when Gorgoroth first broke up I was kinda down, but seriously. Look at Twilight of the Idols and Ad Majorem and compare them to Antichrist or Under the Sign of Hell. I think we have a clear winner of who should keep Gorgoroth.
Quote by Rengori
Yeah, when Gorgoroth first broke up I was kinda down, but seriously. Look at Twilight of the Idols and Ad Majorem and compare them to Antichrist or Under the Sign of Hell. I think we have a clear winner of who should keep Gorgoroth.

twilight was infinitely better than majorem
but i completely agree
I dunno, since I've read Gaahl's statement I'm not sure who to support. Not that it really matters - Infernus hasn't played a good riff since Under the Sign of Hell. Gaahl and that other clown can go and make Gorgoroth into a metalcore band for all I care, their music hasn't been relevant since Pest left.
Quote by Vomit Rapist
I dunno, since I've read Gaahl's statement I'm not sure who to support. Not that it really matters - Infernus hasn't played a good riff since Under the Sign of Hell. Gaahl and that other clown can go and make Gorgoroth into a metalcore band for all I care, their music hasn't been relevant since Pest left.

gaahl has a way of twisting words i believe.
as well as beginning to use gorgoroth for his financial problems.
with all his interviews and contract with regain records.
i believe he is using gorgoroth to pay off the massive fine he has to pay the man he assulted. as well as threatening to leave the band several times
i support infernus, especially if you read his press statement he released recently.
he was accepting of te criticism but did not make it a personnal issue and said nothing bad against gaahl or king apart from that they had worked behing his back.

once again
i urge you all to join the myspace group
The Alliance of Infernus
at

http://groups.myspace.com/theallianceofinfernus
Meh. I like Gorgoroth. But I enjoy the stuff with Gaahl more than Pest. I also think Gaahl/King should keep the band name. Besides, they already recruited Hellhammer for drums.
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
Quote by Burning_Angel
Meh. I like Gorgoroth. But I enjoy the stuff with Gaahl more than Pest. I also think Gaahl/King should keep the band name. Besides, they already recruited Hellhammer for drums.

but gaahl and king abuse the name and use it as a money making band.
but keep their other bands (trelldom, gaahlskagg, jotunspor, sahg) true.
it is infernus's band and they haven't made great music since king started writing.
ad majorem sathans gloriam was a terrbile album.

there is nothing stopping them carrying on making music together.
i just believe the band name and spirit belongs to infernus
Time to revive a dead thread..for a moment anyways.

Is anyone completely annoyed with Christians going onto the Gorgoroth video's, or ANY black metal videos, and they always talk about everyone who listens to this band will obviously and CLEARLY go to hell.

I find it annoying. As I said before.
good band, although not one of my favorite black metal bands. i like their first three albums and their last two, none of the others are that good in my opinion, though.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
Quote by \Powerslave/
I'm not big into Black Metal or gorgoroth, so I wouldn't know about any of this, but what do you mean Christians going onto their videos?

Go to Youtube, find a black metal video. Read the comments. If it's not Call Of The Wintermoon, chances are good you'll find a bunch of fundies whining about "corrupting our youth" and "I'm a soldier for Jesus and you're a slave of satan" and what-the-****-ever.
Quote by Black-Metal

(insert clerks two star wars vs lotr scene)
Quote by JC13
I'm a die-hard Catholic, church every sunday, etc, etc. And even I'M annoyed by those fools.. Like really, they aren't accomplishing anything - but they are fun to troll.

Same here. I'm Christian, and even if I don't agree with the lyrics' messages (and probably wouldn't attend their concerts) I still enjoy their music.

In other news, Revolver magazine states that Gaahl recently came out of the closet and said he was gay.

BUT
, it's Revolver, so you never know.
"Music is an expression. Not competition." ~ Woe, Is Me

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
Quote by Thebiz

In other news, Revolver magazine states that Gaahl recently came out of the closet and said he was gay.

old news.

He is going out with some like fashion designer or something.

Kvlt.
"Oslo City District Court has today delivered a verdict on the main question in the Gorgoroth trademark case, which took place at the end of January 2009. The court has decided that King ov Hell's trademark registration # 243365 of the band name Gorgoroth is NOT valid and shall therefore be deleted. The court states that King ov Hell and Gaahl excluded themselves from the band Gorgoroth when they tried to fire Infernus in October 2007. The court further states that Infernus cannot be excluded from Gorgoroth, unless he himself decides to quit. Infernus is very pleased, but not surprised, by this verdict. The remaining issues concerning financial matters and such are yet to be decided upon."

Discuss
Not surprising at all. BUT
:

FUKK. YES.

Pest was the best vocalist (and easily my third favorite black metal vocalist), and Infernus can produce some K-k-k-killer riffing with some inspiration. I hope he goes back to his classical influenced style from UtSoH.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
couldnt be more excited for the new album. waiting for a return to old school gorg'.
it appears to have been a productive week as infernus second band, orcustus, have just released their debut
Pentagram and Antichrist are stone cold classics: everything else is, at best, disposable.
I support both oldschool Gorgoroth and newer Gorgoroth (save for the latest release, which I haven't heard much of yet).
Glance into my eyes
and see the darkest shadows dancing
Playing in the desert of my life
Burning, -
and my soul is descending...

I never really particularly cared for either, but yeah it was a lot better with Infernus, Gaahl and King take themselves way to seriously and just aren't very good without Infernus.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Page 1 of 3