whats the bigdeal behind the POD? why are so many more people starting to use it? is it for the amp models or the effects? is it for on stage or in the studio/bedroom? wtf?
even Dethklok uses them...
i have a pod XT and i love it alot
people use them because they are VERY cutomizable.
you can pretty much make any sound you really want to if you know what your doing. also it makes it alot easier to record to your computer
I have an XT as well. However, I wouldn't use it beyond the bedroom for practice. It sounds terrible through tube amps, and even through a solid state or cab it still sounds "artificial." For me, its more of a novelty than a functioning part of my rig.
Suhr Custom, Flaxwood Rautia or Grosh Tele thru
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Fulltone Ultimate Octave/Fuzz
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
SLO-100, 65 London or Bogner Shiva
Ask me about any of this stuff!
I'd consider getting the "Pocket Pod" as a traveler thingy but never a Pod XT or that kind of crap. Mostly because I really only need a tube amp and three of four pedals max..
Which artists are using it to record? The only people I've heard using them are nu-metal bands with processed/lifeless tones to begin with, so the POD works for them. They sound ok to my ears. Fun to play with.
Quote by Roc8995
Which artists are using it to record? The only people I've heard using them are nu-metal bands with processed/lifeless tones to begin with, so the POD works for them. They sound ok to my ears. Fun to play with.

I know of: In Flames (Come Clarity) and I hate the tone on intro to Scream. It fits well with bass and drums tho.

Also, Dethklok. And although I like Dethklok a lot, I can't really say I absolutely love their tone.

I think so many people use POD's because of the versatility. I don't think it sounds that great tho, but I'd like one for bedroom practice too.
The Pod is pretty useless for everyone who don't need a load of bull**** effects all the time. Compared to any tube amp the tone is pretty lifeless and sad.
I love it for recording. seeing as i live in apartment with awful soundproofing. its simply the only way i can record and achieve a decent tone. until I buy a house, a 100 watt dual rectifier, which would sound much nicer than a POD, would be completely useless to me.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by shoted
They don't actually use pods do they? I thought they would have used the expensive line 6 shit.

I'm not 100% sure. The Dethklok article on Wikipedia is a bit so-so, since I'm not sure if that's the actual gear Brendon is using (might be, tho). Also, I think POD XT & X3 use the same technology as Vetta's.
Last edited by Fama at Oct 31, 2007,
Quote by Fama
I'm not 100% sure. The Dethklok article on Wikipedia is a bit so-so, since I'm not sure if that's the actual gear Brendon is using (might be, tho). Also, I think POD XT & X3 use the same technology as Vetta's.

In the Metalocalypse DVD, one of the special features has skisgard giving a guitar lesson and connected to his amp and guitar is the pod xt