This is my MIM Strat which i love to play but im getting a bit bored with the look and every1 else has some strat copy anyway, i wanted mine to look a bit different so i was thinking of gold hardware, i know where to get screws from but the two main things i would need to make it gold would be
  • Fender Schaller American Series Tuning Machines Gold
  • American Series Stratocaster Bridge Tremolo Assembly Gold

I live in the UK and theres no shops that will sell these, so in general how much would these two together cost and would it really be worth it?
Thanks
/CENTER]
Maybe if WD Music or some place like Musicians Friend can ship there, or get some1 to ship it there for you, i think the Schallers are about $70. id go with Grovers. Still very nice, and are a bit cheaper. As for the trem, i think its gonna be $100 maybe. But a guitar with gold hardware w/out a gold bridge, it looks rather bad.

IMO, insted of new hardware, id go for a new pickguard. Maybe parchment or cream-colored would look nice. And with all cream plastic parts, it would look nice and a bit vintage. not too much looks amazing on a wine red Strat. Maybe blck with black plastic, but idk if thats too great.
Hmm i dunno why vintage cream coloured pickgaurd and cover stuff never really appeal to me, damn the bridge is quiet expensive...
/CENTER]