Well, the news is that we will be representin' at the London Olympics in 2012 as a Great British team. However, the Scottish, Welsh and Northern Ireland football associations are having nothing to do with it. What're you're views?

Personally I think it's not right denying footballers the chance to play in the greatest sporting tournament in the world, but given potential pressure from Fifa to field a Great British team instead of the seperate 4 I can understand it. I'd like to see Scottish names at the games though.
Originally posted by TestForEcho
Badreligionrock is the man.

Quote by Pinky19
Badreligionrock you have the greatest avatar of all time. Rejected is the best video. Period.
Yeah sure, I can't see the harm. England sucks anyway and the other teams can't really contribute much...

You got big names but fail anyway.
Quote by SealCubMassacre
So the GB team will be the England squad?

Essentially, yes. They showed a mock team on Inside Sport last night and there was one Scottish player, one Welsh and one Northern Ireland one. It almost seemed like they were there for necessity of having one participant from each nation, were our player not Craig Gordon (which is completely the right move for a GB team).

Quote by Pinky19
Badreligionrock you have the greatest avatar of all time. Rejected is the best video. Period.
You Brits, with your driving on the wrong side of the road and your pounds and your goofy soccer games.

You sure are a silly bunch.
My Last.fm Account

My Band

Quote by Jackal58
JoHNNERz you sir are my hero of the moment.
Quote by JoHNNERz
You Brits, with your driving on the wrong side of the road and your pounds and your goofy soccer games.

Football > you.
Quote by JoHNNERz

You silly americans with your accents and obesity.
Silly us for our things, but come on, American Football is Rugby for puffs.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
sarcasm obviously doesn't translate well over the internet...
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
Quote by RageAgainst...
sarcasm obviously doesn't translate well over the internet...

It may have been sarcasm but deep down americans try to mock europeans anytime they can as it seems. And the other way around
Quote by Izz
It may have been sarcasm but deep down americans try to mock europeans anytime they can as it seems. And the other way around
Quote by Kingyem0c0re
it's not a one way street, my friend.
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
Quote by JoHNNERz

your the guys that drive on the wrong side.

and the pound rocks!
Professional Mixing available at request.

Everton FC
On topic?

Quote by Pinky19
Yeah, well when is this supposed to begin TS?... And is it definate?
Quote by Kingyem0c0re

I was on your side up until you bashed American football, which is far less like rugby than Europeans woud like to imagine and certainly not a game for weaklings.

Back on topic, why not have one UK team for the Olympics? I can see the advantage of regional rivalries in professional sports, but why not go to the Olyimpics as one country instead of four?
Death to Ovation haters!
I'm not particularly fussed, the squad will mainly consist of England players either way. But it is highly unfair to not allow players to play for something so petty (considdering FIFA say they wont force a GB for the future)
That was a rare post..

My band on:myspace facebook UG
Leeds '07 '08 '09!
I don't know the answer, or have anything funny to say, but dude that is one sweet Bulbasaur avatar
Quote by PatchworkMan
I was on your side up until you bashed American football, which is far less like rugby than Europeans woud like to imagine and certainly not a game for weaklings.

Back on topic, why not have one UK team for the Olympics? I can see the advantage of regional rivalries in professional sports, but why not go to the Olyimpics as one country instead of four?

That's the plan, 1 team for the UK which will be mostly English players, probably
That's the plan, 1 team for the UK which will be mostly English players, probably
Slight flaw, the Scottish, Welsh, and Northern Irish FA's are opposed to it.
That was a rare post..

My band on:myspace facebook UG
Leeds '07 '08 '09!
I don't know the answer, or have anything funny to say, but dude that is one sweet Bulbasaur avatar
I'm American but I do follow proper football, so I'm not really bothered with it.
There are some really talented Scottish talents that I would love to see play for the team.
But if it is all English players, I won't care because I will have to cheer for my American team.
Its going to be a depressing 2012 for me.

What do the players think?

Or is it just the associations?
Quote by Joshrocker48
I'm American but I do follow proper football, so I'm not really bothered with it.
There are some really talented Scottish talents that I would love to see play for the team.
But if it is all English players, I won't care because I will have to cheer for my American team.
Its going to be a depressing 2012 for me.

Too bad Giuseppe Rossi have chosen Italy instead of US.
Quote by Pink_blood
Slight flaw, the Scottish, Welsh, and Northern Irish FA's are opposed to it.

Exactly, cause it would be England with a few others

I don't care really but all i can see from Scotland (in a modern day sense) getting into that team would be Gordon and possibly Faddy.
Though Boyd should be in too >_>

Don't know of many Irish/Welsh players so i can't comment on them.
Quote by Izz
Too bad Giuseppe Rossi have chosen Italy instead of US.

Yeah I know, he would've been great there. But I do not at all blame him for that decision. Italy is a much better team.
They should field a GB team. If the Scottish, Welsh and Irish are too fucking idiotic to allow their players in it, so be it, English players only. No separate teams.

Their reason is retarded as well. "Don't want to lose their cultural identity" or some bollocks like that. Idiots. If England threatened to stop subsidising the rest of the country I'm sure their cultural identity would suddenly be far less important to them.
Quote by Joshrocker48
Yeah I know, he would've been great there. But I do not at all blame him for that decision. Italy is a much better team.

Some months ago I never thought he would go for Italy as it seemed he was much closer to a regular slot in the US team but he has had a pretty wicked start in Villarreal to say the least.