finger tapping is really hard i can do it a little bit on the 3rd string but not on the 1st string for some reasonits just too fiddliy any tips??
tips for tapping here http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/lessons/

^get an ibanez....pretty sure that wont help him tap
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
yep practice....
but i find it easier to do with thicker gauge strings like .11s
No endeavour rivals science in its incremental progress towards a more complete understanding of the observable universe.
no its the space im fine with getting my fingers on the correct place but not with the speed its hard can anyone give me a good finger tapping tab??
Quote by stephen_rettie
actually ya cause ibanez have really tall necks with space

cause god forbid you cant learn to tap on a gibson of fender scale....oh wait EVH already did that
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
i was kidding when i said get an ibanez

...whoa
Everybody Loves Lefty..

Lefties Unite!

Melodic Thrash Metal and winners of the Wacken Metal Battle Canada and 2nd Place Runner Ups for Wacken Metal Battle International

PROFANER
i tap all the time on my fender and it sounds just like evh when i do...it is easier on my schecter but that thing basically taps itself
Eruption by Van Halen. The tapping part is what I played and practiced to learn the technique.

Infact, Eddie played it as a warm up himself!

Also, maybe consider lowering your action.
It's good to develop the technique on a clean as sound as you can, that way when you add the distortion or overdrive your taps will be powerful and much cleaner!

Remember its not so much a "tap" as it a flick. Hit down on the note you're tapping and pull away like a pull off. As said the little tap section in eruption is a great linerar pattern to get the feel and rhythm of tapping down. Once you get that under you're belt you can take it as far as you want.