Hey, I've been thinking of buying this guitar:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/B.C.-Rich-Mockingbird-Special-X-Electric-Guitar?sku=512708

I've only heard good things about the higher enders of bc rich, but i was wondering what you guys think about em? It seems pretty solid specwise, but i dunno.

Also, if anyone could tell me if the top is a thin maple veneer, or a solid maple chunk, that'd be great.
Q about tube amps:
Quote by steven seagull
Can I save money by using lightbulbs instead of tubes - will energy saving lightulbs last even longer?

Quote by †øXÍÇ͆¥
I'm not trying to look open minded, in fact I try not to be open minded.
I hate people who are overly open minded.
For a BC Rich it's pretty nice.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
In general with BC Riches, for the price of a certain model, you can easily find other guitars that will outdo them for the same or less
ohai little sig.
I don't know about the top, but that's a pretty cool guitar. Just try it out first, it's got a chunky neck.
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
im pretty sure, cause i know that they use a lot of veneers, like for the exotic series of guitars. and there is a whit trim around the top of the guitar to maybe hide the edge of the veneer with.
Quote by stephen_rettie
for that money you could do better

thats a pretty awesome guitar but i agree with Stephen_rettie
I played one of those at the Guitar Center near me that was marked down to $400, it was pretty nice, and certainly better than an epiphone or whatever in the same price range, but for $700, you could get a schecter hellraiser or C1, an import PRS, or a bunch or other nicer guitars.
Dunlop Straps™
The best sounding straps on the market

Quote by steven seagull
Justice is this, justice is that...justice is 9 minutes long and recorded in a cupboard full of fluffy pillows
That is a very nice BC Rich, Check Guitar Center. I was looking at a Black Mockingbird Special that was marked down to $390.00. It was brand new just marked down I must have stopped by and played it a dozen times and when I finnally decide to bite someone beat me to it. I called a couple other Guitar Centers and the one that had them didn't have them marked down yet but when they checked they were supposed to be marked down. I ended up getting amint NJ neck thru one in dragons blood red used with two duncan pups and FR that I liked better and for about $120.00 cheaper. I went to the other GC to get the special and saw that hanging on the wall it was like a magnet! LOL

John
looks sexy, just make sure you have a strap to go with it (or a metal plate in your chest)