excuse me but can someone please give me the ins and outs of most gear used when playing live and recording cuz im mentally retarded (If i tell them that maybe i'll look less stupid)

PLZ!!!
gear:
Yamaha ERG 121 (new paint job, new strings, new pickups, new electronics!)
Washburn HB 30, sunburst finish.
yamaha amp (came with guitar)
cables, mic, capo maybe?
may i ask why your asking?
Quote by .arkness:.
I did it in the church confession booth. i jizzed all over the mesh in an attempt to hit the priest.
pure and simple Zazz!

no u pretty much got it

u can also have like different PA systems, lighting, smoke machines but that aint really your musical gear
Effects. live, normally u have a mixer, mics, and a PA. in the studio, u can have rack processors, loads of mics, a very large mixer, and a computer loaded with recording software and great speakers.
Thank you all loads. I have'nt got a clue about wot a PA system does is it were u put the amps in and the mic and everything so you can level it out?

Im asking because I dont know about all thes new gajits, in my day we used an amp a gitar and a pick, but now its time to come out of the bedroom and rock 4 real!!!
gear:
Quote by Innocrested
in my day we used an amp a gitar and a pick, but now its time to come out of the bedroom and rock 4 real!!!

according to your profile your 15
Quote by .arkness:.
I did it in the church confession booth. i jizzed all over the mesh in an attempt to hit the priest.
I know its just a play on word thingy, plus my school dont teach me jack about music, its always 'look theres a crochet, do you know how many of them u can fit int a bar of 4:4... yes thats right im gonna get wacked up now so u go do that 4 2 years then pass ur GCSE's and join me in the shed with my wackie backie!' Sais my music teacher.
gear:
Agreed...I really didn't understand a word of that last paragraph.
If I'm 15 and can type normally, so can you.