For those who own it, is it worth it? I definitely don't want a 360 because of the failure rate and the batteries for controllers and things. So is the PS3 worth it? Are the games any good?
Quote by Ignite

Once I got out of a pool and it was like 1cm.

Quote by Meths
I think there are few people with a less important opinion on women than you.
Ps3 controllers need to be charged too you know?
And the 40gb ones (the only ones they're making from now on) aren't backwars compatible.

Don't get me wrong, I have played one and the gfx are amazing, but at the moment, at this price its not worth it. How many times have sony dropped the price already? By how much? Wait 18mths, when the good games are out and its half the price (I <3 optimism)
I'm so unique I don't even have a sig.
Not amny decent games coming out for awhile (IMO) but if I were you i'd wait for the price to drop a bit more.

Pro points though, you can play online for free and it has a larger memory than 360. I'd go for it eventually
I feel it is worth it, but most people on this site will immediately shoot you down for this thread. But yeah, I love my PS3.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
i have wired controllers.... and my 360's been perfect since i got it, its just the older models that have problems
I see no sign of fortress.
I have one and I love it.

This thread will probably get closed though, go to the Next Gen Consoles thread.
PSN: Shibuib
Steam: Drag_on88rr@hotmail.com
add me

Elvis Presley aint got no soul, Chuck Berry is rock and roll.

日本語をシグに入れるのは馬鹿やキザ野郎のする事だぜ。
I don't have one yet, but I'm planning to get one next year because of the games coming out next year. At the moment, I've heard that the games aren't very good, but what can you expect for first year titles? I'm quite happy with my 360 at the moment. Btw, the failure rate isn't THAT high.
imo, wait for:

metal gear soild 4
grand tourimso 5
tekken 6
killzone 2
GTA 4
CoD4
Haze
dual shock 3
playstation home.

THEN it's worth it. I'm waiting till this lot is out and running.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Ok, I'm the only guy you need to listen to.
I own the 60 gig. It is definitely worth it. I love browsing the internet, free online play, I recently downloaded spyro off the store.. good times. And there are plenty of great games. Especially if you can find a 60 gig so you can get backwards compatibility. Lair, despite a bad rating, is an amazing game. I couldn't put it down. I really enjoyed how they used the sixaxis for that game. Nba 2k8 is a great game. Heavenly sword, albeit a tad short, an amazing game. Built in wifi and all that jazz. Rainbow six vegas, great game. Warhawk, amazing. And november is going to be an amazing month with games like Assassins creed, Haze, and others. Any other questions? Oh, have you read the study of testing the PS3 in extreme conditions?
Wolfie, Moley, Witty, Dgmey, Grundy
The ps3's great, and will be even better in february/march when the massive torrent of brilliant games are released. And until then there are enough good games to get you by. It all depends on what games you'd get though
Also, Resistance, amazing game. Ninja Gaiden, great game. Folklore is pretty good. Skate is AMAZING. Ratchet and Clank, great game. Even though plenty of amazing games are coming out soon, you can stay plenty busy on all the demos you can download.
Quote by Fishyesque
Ok, I'm the only guy you need to listen to.

pfffft
Quote by schecter_guy
stop kidding yourself and get a wii. you know that's what you really want.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by schecter_guy
stop kidding yourself and get a wii. you know that's what you really want.

thats what i did

i was gonna get a ps3

then i realised how expensive it was

so i got a wii

wii is easily the best!
Gear:

Fender Highway One Strat
Ibanez RG321MH
Cort SFX-1
Peavey Valveking 112
Marshall MG30DFX
Morley Power Wah
Mapex VX 22 (drum kit)
Mahalo flying V ukulele
My little brother has logged hour after hour on his 360 without any problems. The market for a ps3 has quite literally fallen into nothing. The only hope sony has is if the blu-ray disc format becomes common place. Bottom line, don't give up on microsoft yet.
50th Anniversary American Deluxe Strat 3-tone Sunburst
Crate XT120r Amp
Epiphone Valve Jr. w/ Jensen P8r
Boss DS1
Digitech RP300 MultiFX
Quote by purplegreendave
Wii60 ftw

Or for better hardware, PSWii60
Quote by Revan
market for a ps3 has quite literally fallen into nothing.

What are you on about?
The sales have shot up the in the last month or so since they introduced the (imo admittedly crappy) 40GB version. It is outselling the 360 2:1 in the EU and 9:1 in Japan.
add me

PS3 is better for High Definition obviously, but i don't even have an HDTV. Also, I don't want to pay for online either. Plus wireless internet for ps3. The hardware is definately better. But my girlfriend is getting a wii (Can't wait to play with my girlfriends wii). Anyway, I'm mainly worried about the games.

And yes I did say that on purpose.
Quote by Ignite

Quote by Meths
9:1 in Japan? Well that makes no sense whatsoever!!!!

hahaha
Quote by Fishyesque
Or for better hardware, PSWii60

That is crazy expensive though; the point being you can have a wii (greatest fun i have ever had) and a console with top of the range gfx for the price of a PS3 (well, when the idea became popular)
I'm so unique I don't even have a sig.
Quote by meta1militia
PS3 is better for High Definition obviously, but i don't even have an HDTV. Also, I don't want to pay for online either. Plus wireless internet for ps3. The hardware is definately better. But my girlfriend is getting a wii (Can't wait to play with my girlfriends wii). Anyway, I'm mainly worried about the games.

And yes I did say that on purpose.

Did you read my first post? Would you like me to mention more?
And by 2009, every one will be forced to use an HDTV. And Blu-ray is winning. Transformers couldn't even save HDDVD. Also, Keep in mind that PS3 discs have 50 gb capacity. That's a lot. Makers of Assassins Creed said they were having trouble fitting everything onto a dvd for the 360.
Quote by Fishyesque
Did you read my first post? Would you like me to mention more?
And by 2009, every one will be forced to use an HDTV. And Blu-ray is winning. Transformers couldn't even save HDDVD. Also, Keep in mind that PS3 discs have 50 gb capacity. That's a lot. Makers of Assassins Creed said they were having trouble fitting everything onto a dvd for the 360.

Yeah I know, but I've heard developers state that the Ps3 versions will not look as good as counterparts or play as good because BluRay is harder to code on the discs.
Quote by Ignite

Quote by Meths
Quote by meta1militia
Yeah I know, but I've heard developers state that the Ps3 versions will not look as good as counterparts or play as good because BluRay is harder to code on the discs.

PS3 looks better a lot of the time (from what I've compared), and plays just the same. Sometimes when framerate drops it's because they just write it for the 360, and clone it to the PS3. But keep in mind the 360 has been out longer. The PS3 is way more advanced than anything out there. An astrophysicist hooked up 5 to make a supercomputer. Developers are learning, but they're learning quickly, and when you look at upcoming games like metal gear solid, you see what's coming. The 360 has hit it's potential. They've only barely tapped into the PS3's potential.
Quote by meta1militia

Sony recently starting giving out a much better Dev kit for free to games developers so they won't have as many excuses now for future games.
add me

And it isn't so much that it's harder, per se, it's just different. It's a different console.
Quote by meta1militia
For those who own it, is it worth it? I definitely don't want a 360 because of the failure rate and the batteries for controllers and things. So is the PS3 worth it? Are the games any good?

Like said before, older models had problems. The newer ones are immaculate, you can buy a set of 9 rechargable batterys with charger for a tenner that will do you for life, it all works out well.

PS3, I can't comment on.
If one of the major reasons for you not getting a 360 is the "failure rate", then you are making an error in your reasoning. The vast majority of 360 consoles have been fine, and the vast majority of hardware failures (the dreaded 3 red lights) occurred in the original batch of consoles.

As to is the PS3 worth it, if you like the games that are out for it/are coming out for it, and you think you will get enjoyment out of the console for a good few years, then get it. Just remember to get the 60GB version so you get all the features; the 40GB and 20GB versions are lacking quite a few things (exactly what they are lacking I can't remember, but a quick google search should tell you).
Quote by Felkara
Dude, you just made the most intelligent post in this entire thread. Congrats.
Quote by Craigo
Like said before, older models had problems. The newer ones are immaculate, you can buy a set of 9 rechargable batterys with charger for a tenner that will do you for life, it all works out well.

PS3, I can't comment on.

Some people just prefer not having batteries to worry about..