Hey, guys Right now I have an Ibanez RG2570e Prestige(Vital Silver).
Ive been looking around for differnt color knobs and tuners and stuff, but I dont know if they will look right on my guitar.
Do you think Gold tuners and knobs would look good on my guitar?
What other stuff would look cool(nothing too crazy, like a random yellow pickup or anything. lol)?
I already have a Black Evolution pickup in the bridge, so Im not changing that out, but Im going to buy a PAF Pro for the neck(so its open for color suggestions as well)

Heres a picture of it if you dont know what it looks like-

I think gold hardware on a silver guitar would be great...but putting in a gold trem and gold tuners...don't want to think about how much that would run you. In my opinion, guitars look best with all the hardware matching...the stock stuff is better than half stock and half gold.
Unless your gonna make all the hardware gold not just tuners and knobs i wouldn't do gold.
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Fryette Sig: X
Randall RM4 /w Modded modules
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
Pink, yellow, purple, Loch Ness green; it's an Ibanez, so anything goes

Seriously though, whatever you go for, go for it completely. If you want blue pickups, make all of them blue. If you want gold hardware (which would look good on a silver guitar), make everything gold.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Oct 30, 2007,
maybe all gold hardware, but idk. too much bling imo. id say its fine as is, with the black Evo and a black PAF Pro.
Quote by GuitarEvan07
Thanks guys. I would make all the hardware gold except for the Edge Pro. Would that look ok?

I understand replacing the trem, especially for something as pointless as this (although nice looks do matter), is very expensive, but keep in mind the trem is a very prominent feature on the guitar and having it in a different color than the other hardware might look strange.
It's a superstrat. Everything on it is supposed to look like it's out of place / clashing / wrong. Take my Kramer for example...

G&L Legacy
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez RG20thDY
Ibanez RG25thFP
Agile Septor Elite 727
Fender Evil Twin / Mesa 412
EVH 5150 III Mini / Avatar 212

I actually think that blue pickup bobbins would look nice on that...
G&L Legacy
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez RG20thDY
Ibanez RG25thFP
Agile Septor Elite 727
Fender Evil Twin / Mesa 412
EVH 5150 III Mini / Avatar 212

id wouldnt mod it, but if is wasnt an ibanez, all gold hardware and diamond plating headstock.
GEAR
Guitar
Ibanez RG42DX
Peavey Valveking100
Avatar 4x12 cabinet w/ Celestion Vintage 30's
Line 6 Spider 3
DOD Flanger
Ernie Ball Strings
Bass
Dean Edge 4
Peavey TNT 135
GHS Strings
Quote by Op3a
^ +1, or metallic grey to match with the body

The body is more silver than metallic grey.

Quote by christianbassis
id wouldnt mod it, but if is wasnt an ibanez, all gold hardware and diamond plating headstock.

The thing is, it doesn't really matter what brand it is. If you already love the guitar, but would like to upgrade it a little, who cares whether it's Ibanez or not?
I think it would look best if it "changed" over into my hands... haha. But yeah, i think white pups would look sweet.
Quote by Gaz_m2k5
Now when people say "Congratulations, I heard you just had a baby" you can say "Thanks! It was delicious."

/#1 reason for having a kid.

PSN: YosemiteSam13
Quote by PerpetualBurn
It's a superstrat. Everything on it is supposed to look like it's out of place / clashing / wrong. Take my Kramer for example...

Goddamn the offset humbucker makes the bridge look crooked. Freaked me right out.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
Quote by 20sacksam
I think it would look best if it "changed" over into my hands... haha. But yeah, i think white pups would look sweet.

White plastic and flake-ish solver don't really look good together.

My vote would be for blue covers.
Quote by Bonsaischaap
The body is more silver than metallic grey.

LOL, yes, sorry my mistaque... bad english

edit: i was talking about the pu's XD
Last edited by Op3a at Oct 30, 2007,