it bothers me that most people judge others strictly based on individual opinions. aren't we taught in school that opinions are neither right or wrong yet we have people who challenge those who has a different opinion then yours to the point where it becomes no longer an intelligent discussion or debate but a savage attempt to convert everyones insight and thought towards yours? kinda like religion...
www.myspace.com/wearedraind
My Rig:
ESP LTD MH401NT
ESP LTD EX-400BD (two of them)
Peavey 5150
Mesa 4x12 Straightback Slant cab loaded with v30's
ummm.....

true that!?
Professional Mixing available at request.

Everton FC
Quote by Draind
it bothers me that most people judge others strictly based on individual opinions. aren't we taught in school that opinions are neither right or wrong yet we have people who challenge those who has a different opinion then yours to the point where it becomes no longer an intelligent discussion or debate but a savage attempt to convert everyones insight and thought towards yours? kinda like religion...

no, at least i wasnt.
Quote by Izz
Then how do we judge someone?

we dont we merely accpet them

Everton FC
Quote by Footzyrama
we dont we merely accpet them

Whaaaaat? No more judging?!

if opinions are based on false information, then it becomes disputable, and possibly wrong. also, if you disagree with someone on a matter of opinion, then you disagree. it happens.
Quote by Dimebag22
This might just be the smartest guy in The Pit. I didn't believe Ethan when he told me there were smart people in The Pit But I was wrong.

yeah, thats me

member 42 of the Iron Maiden are gods club. PM revelations to join
Welcome to prescriptivism?
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Izz
Whaaaaat? No more judging?!

i know, i know. It would be a strange world....and boring

Everton FC
Quote by Draind

What are you talking about? Of course opinions can be right or wrong. If someone thinks the Earth is flat, is his opinion neither right nor wrong?

And the idea that opinions are somehow intrinsically worthy of respect is bullshit. Some people just have stupid misinformed opinions and thus should not reproduce.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
judge people by their actions rather then opinions. for example. if i like blue and you like red. does that make me a bad person? thats different then me being a Crip and you being a blood...actions speak louder then words.
My Rig:
ESP LTD MH401NT
Peavey 5150
Well, if you're gonna judge someone, it's better to judge them because of their opinions than because of anything else.
Quote by sSyLc
Looking for a bj from an unsuspecting animal eh?
Member of The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society
Quote by denizenz
I came, I saw, I cleaned it up.
Quote by Draind
judge people by their actions rather then opinions. for example. if i like blue and you like red. does that make me a bad person?

Blue? You like blue?

MONSTER!

Quote by Draind

thats different then me being a Crip and you being a blood...actions speak louder then words.

...what?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
What are you talking about? Of course opinions can be right or wrong. If someone thinks the Earth is flat, is his opinion neither right nor wrong?

And the idea that opinions are somehow intrinsically worthy of respect is bullshit. Some people just have stupid misinformed opinions and thus should not reproduce.

true. but thats in the sense of common knowledge. its common knowledge to know that the earth is not flat. thats fact. not opinion. saying that black is better then white. opinion.
My Rig:
ESP LTD MH401NT
Peavey 5150

that's not an opinion.... that's stating something you believe to be a fact.
Quote by Mad Marius
Blue? You like blue?

MONSTER!

...what?

no my favorite color isn't blue...
My Rig:
ESP LTD MH401NT
Peavey 5150
If opinions aren't right or wrong then why do those words exist?

In my opinion, the sky is green. Would you say that's wrong, or would you just accept it?
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Quote by Draind

People choose their opinions, so I think we're perfectly entitled to judge people by them. Opinions CAN BE right or wrong - the opinion that all black people should be kept out of "white" countries can't in any way be right, no matter how well you argue for it. And if you met someone with opinions that you thought were fundamentally wrong, then why shouldn't you be allowed to disagree? Shouldn't you be allowed to think that racists have something fundamentally wrong in their minds, for example? Of course there's savage attempts to convert people to your opinions, but at the way you're going to get people converting to yours as well. It all depends on your way of thinking, and the more you argument - the more you're converted - be it with others or yourself, the more correct your opinion will be.

If you talk a lot to a guy who shows you statistics on how foreigners make the majority of criminals (I'm making this up) and arguments for this, unless you've made up your opinion beforehand, you'll find yourself moving closer to his opinion. If you afterwards meet someone who tells you how horrible it is for us to take advantage of poor countries to make money and then deny them to move to us to get decent jobs, you'll move in the other direction, and so on. The more people you meet, the more arguments you know of, the more balanced your opinion will be. If you find out that the statistics of criminals that was showed to you before wasn't right, then that's one less valid argument and you'll move more towards your second friend's opinion, etc.
I'm a communist. Really.
Quote by Muphin
If opinions aren't right or wrong then why do those words exist?

In my opinion, the sky is green. Would you say that's wrong, or would you just accept it?

I would say I'm color-blind.
Quote by Grönis
Well, if you're gonna judge someone, it's better to judge them because of their opinions than because of anything else.

only to some extent. if you have candidates in a debate and one candidate says. i think the water is dirty. and the other says, we should invest in water cleansing machines. which is better to judge by? the opinion or the idea?
My Rig:
ESP LTD MH401NT
Peavey 5150
Quote by Draind
only to some extent. if you have candidates in a debate and one candidate says. i think the water is dirty. and the other says, we should invest in water cleansing machines. which is better to judge by? the opinion or the idea?

The clothes and the haircut.
that's the thing though, there's no such thing as right or wrong only opinions. sure you might think it's "wrong" to kill, but someone who just watched their best friend get shot in combat might think otherwise. right and wrong dont exist, their just what i call "morally relative" words.
Quote by Draind
true. but thats in the sense of common knowledge. its common knowledge to know that the earth is not flat. thats fact. not opinion. saying that black is better then white. opinion.

They're all opinions. When you express your personal beliefs about the world you are stating your opinion.

Opinions can refer to aesthetics like what your favorite color or music is, or to facts that you may or may not be aware of, in which case they are right or wrong depending or how much they correspond with those facts.

Quote by armon77
that's the thing though, there's no such thing as right or wrong only opinions. sure you might think it's "wrong" to kill, but someone who just watched their best friend get shot in combat might think otherwise. right and wrong dont exist, their just what i call "morally relative" words.

I doubt that guy would like killing though.
the responses in this thread give me hope for the future...there are so many dumb a$$es out there...
My Rig:
ESP LTD MH401NT
Peavey 5150
Quote by Draind
They have the same basic opinion, don't they?
Quote by sSyLc
Looking for a bj from an unsuspecting animal eh?
Member of The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society
Quote by denizenz
I came, I saw, I cleaned it up.
Quote by Raziel2p
Opinions CAN BE right or wrong - the opinion that all black people should be kept out of "white" countries can't in any way be right, no matter how well you argue for it.

Why can't this be right? The way you worded it sounds unacceptable by our first-world moral standards that are imposed on us, but it is in no way wrong.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Quote by Grönis
They have the same basic opinion, don't they?

they are based on the same subject but have different meanings. for example

There are 5 ducks on a log. the 5th ducks says,"im gonna jump. yeah i think im gonna jump" how many ducks are on the log now?

EDIT::

Theres still 5 ducks because the 5th duck was only expressing the fact that his opinion is that he should jump. again actions over words.

(probably didnt make any sense...oh well)
My Rig:
ESP LTD MH401NT
Peavey 5150
Last edited by Draind at Oct 30, 2007,