So what do you guys know about it? Its looks awesome and I heard it sounds great too. I like the big body and I'm sure it has a nice neck too although I am not sure what kind of finish is on the neck. I know the Schecter Stellito neck has that laquer finish that slows you down... don't too much care for that. I also heard this bass has a deep, warm sound to it kinda like a Jazz bass but "hotter".

The other things I like about it is the bridge, the finish, the pups,and that its an active bass. So what do you think about this bass? I dought I could find it used so I might have to buy it new which wouldn't be too bad but still, a used bass is usually never a bad thing. Oh and if anyone knows what kind of strings it comes with that would be helpful.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/product/reviews/base_pid=515089/rpp=10/

Rhythm Harmony Melody
Quote by cameronc
the stilletto neck is probably the best neck ive ever played on

Yea I have heard its good but that the finish holds it back.
Rhythm Harmony Melody
I have the BTB556MP. Great basses, fast and very thin neck, you can get tons of different sounds out of the Bartolinis. As for the strings, Ibanez basses ship with Elixirs.
Quote by joeyj123
I am in awe of your sizzling wit. please, accept this congratulatory e-cookie, and accompanying basket.
I have a higher model BTB 5 string and my friend has that model with 6 strings. They're both great basses. They have standard size necks, not as thin as those on the Ibanez Soundgears. With the big body, 35 inch scale, set-in neck, and seperate-string bridge it sounds a lot different than more common electric basses. The tone is really warm and organic, and less metallic. Mine came with elixirs on it, which I think sound too bright and metallic and I don't think they compliment the bass well but I'll let you decide that for yourself.
Got Bass?
The btb's are pretty sweet! Thru neck and separate string bridge gives it a nice sustain. I quite like the btb neck its nice and wide so you can get suber clean slappin' .
The tone is very warm and has HEAPS of low end and crystal highs!
. . .

WOW SH*T

My Axe: WarwickThumb
Quote by SOCOOLITHURTS
Yea I have heard its good but that the finish holds it back.

i think you should try it on your own before you completely disregard the schecter
Quote by cameronc
i think you should try it on your own before you completely disregard the schecter

I think you should leave the man alone about the Schecter...

I've been considering that very BTB for my 5-string purchase, very nice bass. However, I'm pretty short so the massive body would look ridiculous on me. Oh well
I played that exact bass a long time ago. One of my friends owned it in high school. It was amazing. He had that and an ashdown electric blue 130 watt amp. It sounded sooo good.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu