For simple in-home practice, could I buy a decent 2x10 bass combo amp and hook a guitar effects pedal into it and play guitar through it and have it sounds at least decent? How would high-gain distortion sound on this?

I was going to buy a Vox AD30VT-XL for my guitar and an Ampeg BA112 for my bass amp, but if I can combine my money into something better than can do both well, for in home practice only, I might do that instead. Any suggestions?
My gear...

Samick Les Paul (AV6VB) Guitar w/ SD Alnico2/JB
Marshall AVT150H halfstack
Schecter Stiletto Elite-4 Bass
Ampeg BA112 Bass Amp
my school has only a bass amp, so when i jam or practice for a show w/ people at school i just hook up my multiFX pedal to that and it sounds fine to me (for practice)
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
if you're going to be gigging at all tho, yes, you're going to want to invest in a proper guitar amp
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
how much are you willing to spend? (on either one bass amp or both a guitar+bass amp)
if you've gotta good enough budget you could getta bassman ( even though some say that they were actually made for guitar and the name was a hoax)
About $600, maybe $700 max on everything. Thinking of a good 2x10 bass combo with a tweeter, then a decent FX pedal. Will bass speakers put out decent sounding distortion?

My local shop has an all american made Ampeg 2x10 used bass combo with around 200W for only $399, so thinking about that with a good FX pedal. But my original question still stands, will those bass speakers put out decent sounding distortion?

If I ever do get good enough to gig, will buy better stuff, just want to minimize the space needed at the moment, so one amp with a small FX pedal would be better than 2 amps.
My gear...

Samick Les Paul (AV6VB) Guitar w/ SD Alnico2/JB
Marshall AVT150H halfstack
Schecter Stiletto Elite-4 Bass
Ampeg BA112 Bass Amp
id go for that ampeg then with a good pedal
yeah. a good bass amp can make an excellent guitar amp
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
Hey I have a question right in this idea.... At present time I only have a Microcube.

I have been invited to Jam with some guys (bass player and Drummer) and of course my Microcube just isnt loud enough. I plan on getting a Traynor YSV50BLUE combo here sometime soon.

But in the meantime could I use my Microcubes line out to plug into the bassits spare amp? He has this amp

So it would be

Guitar---->pedals--->Microcube---->Line 6 Lodown 75watt bass amp

Or should I just Run straight into the bass amp. For pedals I have a Distortion and a Wah. I also have a Fish n CHips EQ. I have an RP50 that I dont use. Maybe that could simulate the guitar effect to send to the Bass amp.

Maybe:

Geetar-->Wah-->RP50-->EQ-->Bass amp

Thanks