I ended up going over today to get some stuff. Heres some pics of the wood they've got in stock at the minute -

There gonna be getting quite a bit more wood before Xmas.

Quote by jscustomguitars

i call the one third row from right the top one.

ur giving these out for charity right?
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by ECistheBest
ur giving these out for charity right?

LOL ! I wish they were mine. A couple a people wanted me to take some pics when I went so they have some kind of idea what they have in stock.
oh okay... those woods are orgasmic... i think i just creamed myself looking at wood... does this ever happen?
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Yeah, to me all the time. When I got home I had to change my underwear. . . . . . . . . uncomfortable ride back . . . . lol
Any Les Paul Pre-Cut Blanks with Carved flame maple tops not yet attached?
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
It's no good the one your selling, it has a chambered body, the one I'm after will be taking a floyd & a sustainer system with a scalfed neck joint.
Thanks though!
Quote by demoniacfashion

Quote by Oasis-fanatic

Quote by human panda
worth a try! lol It is available without the neck and the cavities shouldnt effect the trem routing though. I can get a pic on an xray of it if you want
Last edited by jscustomguitars at Oct 30, 2007,
wow...i wanna go there
GEAR
- Epi Les Paul Custom (emma)
- Orange Tiny Terror
- 2x12 w/greenbacks
-MXR ZW-44 Overdrivel
- MXR Phase 90
- EB Volume JR.
- Boss DD-3
Quote by jscustomguitars
worth a try! lol It is available without the neck and the cavities shouldnt effect the trem routing though. I can get a pic on an xray of it if you want

If you wouldn't mind, cheers.
Quote by demoniacfashion

Quote by Oasis-fanatic

Quote by human panda
Thanks a bunch for that

I'm hoping to get an interview at York Uni sometime soonish, so I may pop up on the way and buy my woods there.

In the meantime, do you have any suggestions for neck laminates now that I'm doing a neck-through? They don't seem to have Ebony, so that's out. I'm looking for something to do with Mahogany wings, Ebony fretboard and most likely some Plain Maple as part of the neck.

Quote by ECistheBest
i think i just creamed myself looking at wood... does this ever happen?

Oh really?
Quote by Liberation
Every time I see your avatar I want to slit your neck with a butterknife. Goddamn Pingu.
for a laminated neck, i'd just go for maple/mahog/maple/mahog/maple. With the mahogany strips at a half inch and the maple at a inch. Think it'd look nice
Sounds like a plan! I was also thinking maybe the middle piece being Flame Maple, but I dunno about that. Could get a bit steep...
Quote by Liberation
Every time I see your avatar I want to slit your neck with a butterknife. Goddamn Pingu.
This is the U.K?? Really? I was looking at this pictures thinking 'Damn it's probably somewhere in the U.S!' Do you have the locations? I've never heard of it and im in Manchester!
Last edited by xharass_natox at Oct 31, 2007,
loonyguitarist, what do you want to study at York? I'm there at the moment doing engineering - it's a nice place.
anyway, I've got to check that place out - I really want a flame/birdsye maple fingerboard for some reason.
GB&C Pedal Builders and Mod Squadron
vBulletin Message

Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own buddy list.

Bugger
Quote by xharass_natox
This is the U.K?? Really? I was looking at this pictures thinking 'Damn it's probably somewhere in the U.S!' Do you have the locations? I've never heard of it and im in Manchester!

i bought a neck blank the other day from them ( over the phone) im sitting in and waiting for it now lol
the deliverys really fast but i didnt realise how close it was to me.
i bought some titebond a while ago and it was here the next day lol.

its quite cheap also, and they have a pretty healthy selection on their.

thanks JScustoms for posting those pictures , theyve given me a better understanding of what they have, everyone ive spoke to about it has said the stock thy have is poor.
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT
Quote by Wyld Stallyn
loonyguitarist, what do you want to study at York? I'm there at the moment doing engineering - it's a nice place.
anyway, I've got to check that place out - I really want a flame/birdsye maple fingerboard for some reason.

I'm hoping to do Electronics Engineering with Music Systems/Technology. I really liked the place when I went for the open day, and it's like the perfect course for me What engineering course are you doing?

And a figured Maple fingerboard sounds weird Worth a try though.
Quote by Liberation
York's right up the top in the league tables etc for engineering. I'm doing the straight course - thought about music tech, but the degree itself isn't called engineering, which i though might put off employers - they might think it's like media studies or something. The plain course has is still geared towards music alot though, which is fine by me.
I've seen figured fingerboards before - on warmoth I think. No real purpose, just looks pretty!
vBulletin Message

Bugger
Really? The course I'm looking to do is a proper MEng course... It's pretty much just Electronics Engineering but with a few more music type modules.

What year are you in?
Quote by Liberation
First year - only been here a month or so now!
I know it's an MEng course, but when you write down or say what you've got you can't technically say "I've got an MEng in electronic engineering", it has to be "i've got an MEng in music tech". Of course it's up to you, if you're looking to get into studio work and the like. For me, I want to keep music (gigging, writing etc) separate to a "proper" job, so it never feels like work. The plain course still has loads of music related stuff to keep me interested - I've done a lot of the music tech course before, like MIDI, psychoacoustics and studio techniques.
It's a lot of work though - 40 hrs a week, which makes it hard to get a job as well.
vBulletin Message

Bugger
Really? How odd. I guess I'll have to ask about that. Either way it's quite easy to change between courses if I need to. I think it'll make the degree that bit more interesting for me though, as I love the mix of them. Thanks for the info though. Nice to find out more about it from someone who's doing it

How are you finding the accommodation? I'm hoping to go for an En Suite room, bit more expensive, but it looked quite nice.
Quote by Liberation