Effects pedals

Alright so occasionally during a live show I have to change more than one pedal at one moment and its kinda difficult to do this in an instant without stumbling or just looking stupid

so my question is... is there a way to rig my pedals into like preset board or something without having to buy a giant prosesssor
Putting an A/B pedal or two in there could work, I think, but it means you'd have to work out which pedals would have to be turned off when, etc.
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)
you could stick a small plank of wood over the two pedals you are hitting, and stomp in the middle so they both get pressed... thats if you're a bit wierd like me =P
Quote by tim_mop
you could stick a small plank of wood over the two pedals you are hitting, and stomp in the middle so they both get pressed... thats if you're a bit wierd like me =P

Novelty value>Common sense. Best idea I've heard in a while.
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)
Yeah, tim_mop has a great idea there. Well done.
Oh no he just divided by zero again...*gets sucked into vortex*

Originally Posted by Sirwinston89
whoa man this is turning into the Dream Theater appreciation thread!!! If only every thread kicked this much ass!

You're welcome
but yeah... get a switcher pedal.. like an a/b or even an a/b/y
Guitars
Epiphone LP Standard
Gibson L-6S
Amplifiers
Randall RH200 G2 Series
Legion 2x12 Cab
B-52 LG-100A For Sale
Pedal Board
Boss NS-2
Boss Tuner
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
MXR Zakk Wylde O-D
Boss MT-2 For Sale
Boss Eq For Sale
Quote by tim_mop

What if he only needs to hit one?
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
you'll have to get that on video something for us
the plywood thing seems your best bet. just visit your local lumber yard and hardware store to service your pedals know
just line'em up real close to each other, with the buttons aligned and try and hit two at the same time. puttin a piece of wood over both of the buttons that like other guy suggested is a great idea too
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
every once in a while, i'll have to press my guitarist's pedals because he's dicking arround not paying attention.

so i guess im saying, just get someone else in your band to do one.
Kick Ass Ska from the New Orleans Area

Quote by jetfuel495
Quote by DamageMachine
Could be Super AIDS

omfg like in resident evil 4? with the tentacles coming out of his head?

LAS PLAGAS!

Quote by LadyHellraiser
I like boobs
Damn, i sound like a rugmuncher today, haha.
Say if you are running a chorus sound for the verse, and then you need to kick into distortion but also take off the chorus......Click the chorus first because it is less noticeable when you take chorus off a clean tone. You just gotta find your own tricks around it.
Quote by ottoavist

i suppose there's a chance
i'm just a litte too shallow to consider
that maybe i've been a little more eager
each day to wake up and take a shower
brush my teeth and smile for the mirror
i just practice the changes at home and get used to it really. if you've got sturdy pedals you can jump on em pretty lightly. Also try to group pedals you use at the same time. ****s a bitch but you get used to it. One thing that helped me was to learn to balance on the back of your feet. You cant really look stupid if your playing and dancing all over a pedalboard at the same time and working it right.

If they don't play guitar they're just gonna think your good at it, and if they do play guitar they will notice you're playing guitar and pedal dancing, it's pretty much a win win situation if you get it right. Just make sure you don't drink too much if you do drink. It can make pedal dancing a little bit harder and can have some bad consequences.

Kind of like trying to play a reggae type song but still leaving on the delay that repeats about 12 times and out of time.
You could always get someone to do it for you...
Governor of the Jersey Rocks group
PM me to join
The wood thing sounds like a good idea, but for now I think I'll get my bass player to hit help me out...

BTW an AB box seems to be what Im looking for though Im really wouldnt know how to use it but I am looking into it
all it really is... is you plug your guitar into the input... and then the pedal has 2 outputs... basically 2 lines of pedals... so then the switch on the A/B pedal switches between those 2 lines
Guitars
Epiphone LP Standard
Gibson L-6S
Amplifiers
Randall RH200 G2 Series
Legion 2x12 Cab
B-52 LG-100A For Sale
Pedal Board
Boss NS-2
Boss Tuner
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
MXR Zakk Wylde O-D
Boss MT-2 For Sale
Boss Eq For Sale
I thought this thread said "Tap dancing with penguins"...I was all "Happy Feet?"
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Just don't use bunches of effects. Problem solved!!!
Livin' Easy, Livin' Free
Quote by The Virtuoso
I thought this thread said "Tap dancing with penguins"...I was all "Happy Feet?"

/fail at humor

the a/b pedal is your best bet friend
jump on the pedals at the same time that way you look badass and get the job done.
Quote by Rockford_rocks
HENDRIX WAS NOT MEANT TO GO WOOBLYWOOBLYWOOBLYWOOBLY!

Quote by zparticus
all it really is... is you plug your guitar into the input... and then the pedal has 2 outputs... basically 2 lines of pedals... so then the switch on the A/B pedal switches between those 2 lines

But then how do you plug it into your amp if it only has one input?
Quote by lateraluspiral
She sucked your dick after you put it in her ass..?
Thats love.

Date idea?
Quote by Kensai
Sneak into mordor
Quote by Gigatiran
At least you're thinking out of the box.

Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club.

Save the world?