Quote by demonslayer93
hi peeps

just wonderin, how do u spot a real GIBSON zakk wylde sig

thanking you greatly

peace

By the logo?

If you're wondering how to tell whether it's fake though, look at things like the machineheads, truss rod cover, pots, pickups, paintjob, logo and things like that.

When it comes to buying expensive guitars online, there are two rules:

-If it's from China, be careful.

-Go over countless pics of the real thing trying to identify some key, hard to copy, features. Also, if you have a bad feeling about something, don't do it.

One final thing though. There are countless of threads on fake guitars, so read up on those to see whether most fakes have some obvious flaws.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Oct 30, 2007,
It'll say "Gibson" on the Headstock.

I have that guitar... except mine is Epiphone. =] still rocks though.
Quote by Bonsaischaap
By the logo?

If you're wondering how to tell whether it's fake though, look at things like the machineheads, truss rod cover, pots, pickups, paintjob, logo and things like that.

When it comes to buying expensive guitars online, there are two rules:

-If it's from China, be careful.

-Go over countless pics of the real thing trying to identify some key, hard to copy, features. Also, if you have a bad feeling about something, don't do it.

One final thing though. There are countless of threads on fake guitars, so read up on those to see whether most fakes have some obvious flaws.

best advice i'v heard in awhile
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
yeah, this one is on ebay, it only shows the back of the headstock, it has a wee pic of zakk on it, it says made in usa and the cose is 01433932, the headstock shape is correct and the truss rod cover says zakk wylde les paul custom on it and it seems to be gold metal??? is it real, its got emgs and everything
Quote by demonslayer93
yeah, this one is on ebay, it only shows the back of the headstock, it has a wee pic of zakk on it, it says made in usa and the cose is 01433932, the headstock shape is correct and the truss rod cover says zakk wylde les paul custom on it and it seems to be gold metal??? is it real, its got emgs and everything

-run the serial number and see what comes out

-check the item location and the sellers feedback

-if you can, google the seller or store to see if people have had any comments about them; some people appear legit but have a very bad reputation on certain forums.

-ask for more pics if you're not sure

Don't forget though, that not everyone on E-bay is a scamming bastard.

Most sellers are honest and have good intentions, however we're talking about a lot of money here so a bit of research can mean the difference between a happy you and a crying you.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Oct 30, 2007,
also remember tho that if the price is too good to be true chances are it's dishonest
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
i just watched the video that was previously mentioned if there is a front view of the headstock check if the truss rod cover has two screws, if it has three (or more for some ridiculous reason) then it is a fake
I believe the serial # should start with ZW and I think the cammo ones start with ZPW
Please have someone confirm this before you take it as fact though it is just something that was in the back of my mind.
YA GOTTA HIT IT ON THE ONE
pics of gear updated on profile 11/16/09
I remember seeing a gibson zakk wylde a while back and it was stupidly cheap so I asked the guy stright up if it was a fake and he said yes so I steered well clear of that.... looking back I really should have reported him to ebay and Gibson, its really not on all these fakes out there.
Member of the Jackson RR24 Owners club!

Esp Eclipse II Snow white
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RGA-8
Jackson RR24 Black w/yellow bevels, Limited 1/75
Yamaha FG-400A