So I finally went there today and I was not impressed. In the jam rooms there are nothing but SS Soldano amps and fat strats. Almost all the guitars are out of tune and the amp has no cleans. There is some sort of Multi-FX pedal w/ a tuner but out of all the ones i tried only 2 of them worked. The drum sets are falling apart too. I know its hard to maintain all of that stuff but w/ what they charge to get in there surely they could afford to fix their gear. In the middle there is this huge cone sculpture w/ a bunch of guitars on it...
They have some neat "artifacts" though. They have a Hendrix guitar and a piece of the guitar he used at Monterey. They also have some of the original handwritten lyrics from some Soundgarden and Nirvana songs, stage costumes, some of Nirvanas old gear, and yes an Eric Clapton guitar. They have various pieces of gear from different artists as well but those are the ones that stand out. Overall it was OK but not something that I would find fun to go to more than once. The ride was closed too so im sure that took away from the whole experience quite a bit.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
That sculpture's pretty insane. Sounds like a cool attempt to do something that didn't quite make it there, in general though. I would like to see the Soundgarden stuff though, and the Nirvana nad the rest. That sculpture just keeps me thinking, "Why couldn't they give those guitars to kids who need them?"
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Takamine EG345C 12-String
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

$75 Junk Drums w/ B8 Hats/Crash/Ride
Quote by Revalk
That sculpture's pretty insane. Sounds like a cool attempt to do something that didn't quite make it there, in general though. I would like to see the Soundgarden stuff though, and the Nirvana nad the rest. That sculpture just keeps me thinking, "Why couldn't they give those guitars to kids who need them?"

Because its always more fun to get a bunch of them and do something useless
the emp was sick when they had that exhibit on jimi hendrix but they took it down so now its lame and overpriced
Quote by Revalk

Funny you should mention that actually because while were were there I siad to my friend "Some poor kids could have probably used those guitars."
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
what a waste of good guitars. why not put a few in the jam room?
Dinobot clone of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

Member #6 of the Geddy Lee fan club - pm RIC4003 to join.
UG spartan number 180
i was there two years ago and i actually thought it was pretty cool. That sculpture actually "plays" itself via robotic picking and a computer program. There is some cool stuff there. When i went they had a pretty sweet Dylan exhibit. Plus it is connected to the Sci Fi museum, which has some sweet movie pieces (like the alien from Alien).