At present time I only have a Microcube.

I have been invited to Jam with some guys (bass player and Drummer) and of course my Microcube just isnt loud enough. I do plan on getting a Traynor YSV50BLUE combo here sometime soon.

But in the meantime could I use my Microcubes line out to plug into the bassists spare amp? He has this amp

So it would be

Guitar---->pedals--->Microcube---->Line 6 Lodown 75watt bass amp

Or should I just Run straight into the bass amp. For pedals I have a Distortion and a Wah. I also have a Fish n CHips EQ. I have an RP50 that I dont use. Maybe that could simulate the guitar effect to send to the Bass amp.

Maybe:

Geetar-->Wah-->RP50-->EQ-->Bass amp

Think it would be loud enough to be heard until I get my new amp?

Thanks
I heard that it can be damaging to use a electric guitar on a bass amp... not sure but research first to be sure
^^ No, its the other way around, playing a bass on a guitar amp can be damaging. The guitar amp can't handle the bass frequencies, i'm pretty sure thats what it is. But it's fine to play guitar on a bass amp. Some guitarist do actually
the real question is: why did you buy pedals before the amp? but seriously, i wouldn't mess with it. unless you like to play cleanly, a bass amp won't do much good. see if you can borrow somebody else's amp, or invite somebody else just so you can take advantage of their equipment

My mind is going. I can feel it.
Quote by whatadrag
I heard that it can be damaging to use a electric guitar on a bass amp... not sure but research first to be sure

same here.. or maybe it was a bass on a guitar amp, Im not sure but you might wanna check it out before you owe that guy a new amp
i think its more of the other way around there whatadrag. infact, im pretty sure adam jones from tool uses or used a bassamp in sequence with a marshall in order to get that nice tight, fat low sound he has.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by MTVget0FFtheAIR
the real question is: why did you buy pedals before the amp? but seriously, i wouldn't mess with it. unless you like to play cleanly, a bass amp won't do much good. see if you can borrow somebody else's amp, or invite somebody else just so you can take advantage of their equipment

sorry but that's terrible advice. I dont know about that particular bass amp, but the last time i played my guitar through my friends bass amp, i got an amazing clean tone. Now, i'd rather have an electric amp, but i still pulled off a wicked guitar tone. Playing cleanly, and not being able to through a bass amp? wut
Yeah youll be fine if you run from the Guitar-->pedals-->Bass amp.
Its only damaging to use a bass on a guitar amp.
Quote by LaidBack
i think its more of the other way around there whatadrag. infact, im pretty sure adam jones from tool uses or used a bassamp in sequence with a marshall in order to get that nice tight, fat low sound he has.

actually he plays through guitar amps well at least live... but he does have multiple ones like a marshall a vox and something else... maybe a bass amp you might me right
Quote by \m/metallica\m/
sorry but that's terrible advice. I dont know about that particular bass amp, but the last time i played my guitar through my friends bass amp, i got an amazing clean tone. Now, i'd rather have an electric amp, but i still pulled off a wicked guitar tone. Playing cleanly, and not being able to through a bass amp? wut

i don't think you read that right. i meant that the only tone you can really get out of a bass amp with an electric guitar is a clean sound. so if you don't like to play cleanly, a bass amp isn't for you.

My mind is going. I can feel it.
Quote by stangconv
At present time I only have a Microcube.

I have been invited to Jam with some guys (bass player and Drummer) and of course my Microcube just isnt loud enough. I do plan on getting a Traynor YSV50BLUE combo here sometime soon.

But in the meantime could I use my Microcubes line out to plug into the bassists spare amp? He has this amp

So it would be

Guitar---->pedals--->Microcube---->Line 6 Lodown 75watt bass amp

Or should I just Run straight into the bass amp. For pedals I have a Distortion and a Wah. I also have a Fish n CHips EQ. I have an RP50 that I dont use. Maybe that could simulate the guitar effect to send to the Bass amp.

Maybe:

Geetar-->Wah-->RP50-->EQ-->Bass amp

Think it would be loud enough to be heard until I get my new amp?

Thanks

Sorry to hijack your thread, but i would like to know if you have used the Chips & Fish EQ pedal with the Microcube? And how effective it is?. Thanks in advance.

BTW, about your question, your friends doesn't have a PA for your Microcube?.
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS
Quote by MTVget0FFtheAIR

I only bought one pedal... it was the Digitech Death Metal Distortion pedal.(It was damn near brand new at a garage sale for like 25 bucks.) I got the RP50 for Christmas and my Slash Wah for my Birthday.

Anyways I could run the amp clean and use my pedals to distort it. Right at this point tone is irelavant I just need to be heard. OR will the pedals make the amp sound crappy?

Quote by El Cumanés
Sorry to hijack your thread, but i would like to know if you have used the Chips & Fish EQ pedal with the Microcube? And how effective it is?. Thanks in advance.

BTW, about your question, your friends doesn't have a PA for your Microcube?.

No PA... and the Fish n CHips doesnt sound too bad... I like it cause I can lower the bass a little and get a bit more volume out of it. ( I find the bass really takes over on the R-fier and Stack setting)

I look forward to a bigger amp though....

So noone would use the Microcube in front of the bass amp?
like said, leave out the micro cube, use the pedals and the bass amp.

you might not like the tone too much but ull be loud enough.

maybe use ur bridge pup and raise the treble.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
like said, leave out the micro cube, use the pedals and the bass amp.

you might not like the tone too much but ull be loud enough.

maybe use ur bridge pup and raise the treble.

Thanks.. Your help is muchly appreciated!
don't run your gutiar through that bass amp, buy a new amp or that bassist will be buying a new lodown.