i was wondering in the Guitar Tricks.com Ad on UG when it says you can learn Rock and the guy plays i was wundering if hes using a OverDrive or Distortion pedal when he does his riff there or if its just an amp mayb. or in some of them it asks the guy "do you play guitar" the guy replays yah and then they say what kind he then says blues but when im at home tooteling its straight rock n roll and it shows the guy play Rock on his guitar and was wundering if it was pedal or just the amp or mayb just the guitar
wtf did u just say......please learn to use punctuation!
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
I somehow understood that, but um i honestly have no clue. Its eigther the amp he has or hes got a pedal. thats all i know.
ok for the less intelligent crowd in thoose gay video commercials at the bottom of ure screen on some pages it shows PEOPLE PPLLAAYIIINGGG GGUUIITTAARRR and ONE person plays a RROOOCKKK AND RROOLLLL RRIIFFFF and i would like to know what foot pedal he USEDDDDD or is it just his AAMMPPPP
Quote by pedaler466
ok for the less intelligent crowd in thoose gay video commercials at the bottom of ure screen on some pages it shows PEOPLE PPLLAAYIIINGGG GGUUIITTAARRR and ONE person plays a RROOOCKKK AND RROOLLLL RRIIFFFF and i would like to know what foot pedal he USEDDDDD or is it just his AAMMPPPP

of all the "intellegent" posts in this thread you're one to talk
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Quote by pedaler466

are you some kind of spastic or something?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Maybe it was a combination of both does it matter? It sounds like a generic metal distortion sound anyway.
Fender Standard Telecaster
Peavey Envoy 110
Boss DS-1 EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone Behringer DD400 Digital Delay
Digitech Bad Monkey
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 you are a Dickhead. Like the punctuation retard ?

Don't be an ass to those are trying to help you.
Quote by pedaler466
Hi, I recently saw an advertisement on Ultimate Guitar for a website called GuitarTricks.com. The website advertises, "You can learn rock". Shortly thereafter a male guitar player starts playing the guitar. I was wondering if he was using an overdrive or distortion pedal to produce this sound or if it is just straight from his amplifier. In another part of the advertisement, the narrator asks a man " Do you play the guitar?". The man who was asked the question replies "Why, yes I do". The narrator asks the man "What kind of music do you play?" The man replies "blues, but when I am at home it is straight Rock and Roll." Then the advertisement goes on to show the man playing Rock and Roll on his guitar and I was wondering if he was using some sort of distortion pedal or is it just an amp and guitar with no effects whatsoever. Thanks for the help.

Sincerely, pedaler466

His grammar seems fine to me...
Be cool.
Last edited by thedude051 at Oct 30, 2007,
I'm pretty sure the "less *intelligent*" crowd didn't understand the second post either.

I doubt anyone even pays attention to those vids, but I'd say check on the site it came from
Quote by thedude051
His grammar seems fine to me...

I nominate this post for best-in-thread.
Epiphone Les Paul goldtop (EMG 81/85)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Jay Turser JT200 Serpent (GFS Crunchy Rails/Crunchy Pat)
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H
Quote by pedaler466

His name's not "dickhead," you capitalized it. But you can't really tell how someone gets their sound unless you see their gear, or screw around for more time than it's worth.
Proper capitalization and punctuation. It's the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse." and "i had to help my uncle jack off a horse"
Quote by pedaler466

lol their not less intelligent. your post just had a lot of mistakes in it.
Quote by pedaler466

much better use of punctuation, although i would've used a exclamation point instead of a period after dickhead (it emphasized the word "dickhead" more). also "like the punctuation retard" is a sentence fragment.

EDIT: lol, i officially proclaim thedude051 as UG's nOOb translator
Quote by pedaler466

Quote by Yngwi3

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Last edited by shredhead22 at Oct 31, 2007,
TS stop being a dick to those people you are asking help for, otherwise we are just gunna be a dick back, and everyone knows that UG has the biggest dicks ever, period.

But in answer to your question...no, I do not know what he is using, it is reasonably hard to pin-point exact amps/pedals, all you can get is rough estimations or near-abouts.
Quote by pedaler466

lol.......u got so pissy i think i might have to sig this
Quote by pedaler466

Quote by Yngwi3

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless