Im not to sure how i feel about phil anselmo. I know that their latest single Pillamyd sucks ass. For some reason i just cant get into this song. He seems like he wants to be back in the 90's when pantera was so successful. It took chad grey and tom maxwell years to convince Vinne Paul to get behind a drum set again. Phil just seems like he goes right back to that very sludgy slow dragging lyrics. Phil will amount to nothing without the help of Dime or Vinnie.
tru, for me phil detracted from my enjoyment of pantera......... but then again Dimebag is my hero so just him shredding would have been the best pantera song in my mind
I think Phil's doing good for himself
(better Down than Superjoint Ritual)
He's just exploring his art more, as long as he doesnt do anything like Metallica i'm fine with it
My You'll be the Baddest Dude in Revere!

My Gear:
-Fender Mexican Stratocaster
-Silvertone Paul Stanley Signature Acoustic
-Fender Princeton 65w
-DOD Death Metal
ok so i started reading this article then i see "as long as he doesnt do anything like Metallica i'm fine with it" im sick of everyone bitching about what metallica is doing its not ur band its theirs they can do whatever they want with it. Lars said it best "im not about to let anyone tell me what metallica is or what its about."
dont get me wrong, i love metallica
load and reload were fine
but St. Anger was what made me mad
My You'll be the Baddest Dude in Revere!

My Gear:
-Fender Mexican Stratocaster
-Silvertone Paul Stanley Signature Acoustic
-Fender Princeton 65w
-DOD Death Metal
To me Metallica was an unbelieveable band. No one can take that away from them. But i don't think they impacted the metal scene as hard as pantera did. Of course u will never hear pantera on the radio like u will metallica, but that doesn't mean ****. Dime took his talent and his influences and turned it into something great. to me pantera will always be more important than metallica was. i think dime made music that he loved and it was his true style. Some times i think metallica makes music that they think people wanna hear. **** that, i love every metallica song, but kirk hammet and james hetfield cannot top what dimebag did by himself. Who knows how this turned into a metallica bash, but i think phil deserted dime and pantera to follow sumthing that led him nowhere. I just think its wierd that the same year that vinnie paul puts out an album with hell yeah and ends a long silence, that phil also comes out with an album, there has to be sumthing up with that. it doesnt' make sense. Does any one know if there is bad blood between Rex and Vinnie considering that rex follows in Phils footsteps????