The sequel burns Dave Mustaine? Hardly. I don't see what's stealing about using single-note riffs, and everyone ought to know Dave Mustaine claims The Four Horsemen is his song because he wrote it, there's been a lot of fuss about that.
I'm a communist. Really.
Sorry but to me about 90% of metal sounds like all the rest of it. I know thats dissing metal, but I'm definitely a fan of metal. There are just so many mediocre metal bands that put so little thought into their writing - and so many metal bands period. Theres only so much you can do, seriously. I mean there are a lot of metal bands that run out of ideas even in one album. At the same time, though, I don't hold it as a bad thing. I mean blues gets away with it, and metal was born from blues. So I don't mind, as long as the band has good lyrics, and a lot of feeling behind what they're playing. Most of the time if you have those two elements the music has the best chance of not being like the rest of metal.

I actually think the next wave of heavy music is mixing fundamentals of other styles into metal. Its already started, but we're only scratching the surface.
We're only strays.
Last edited by Martyr's Prayer at Oct 30, 2007,
Metal that sounds like other metal?
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
lmao I disagree Guitarislife125. Guys like Jason Becker and Marty Friedman are probably more technical and better composers than Alexi Laiho.
Proud Owner of:

Jackson RR3
Jackson WRMG

Quote by madbasslover
What's the big deal with Gibsons, anyway?
I've heard loads of Gibsons being played before
and they don't sound any more special than
any other guitar.

^UG's King Of Fail.