For completely non criminal purposes (dead serious here, I'm actually just curious), I've been trying to construct a miniature (handheld) device capable of generating a relatively strong electro-magnetic pulse. So far Google has been more then helpful in the function of life size EMPs, but the actual construction of them is hard to find. Can anyone help me out?
yes let me jst get my EMP's for dummies manual out and i'll be right back with the answer. *walks away whistling*
Professional Mixing available at request.

Everton FC
well...i dont know much about them other than they can destroy millions of electronic devices if detonated a few hundred miles above the ground. i kinda like the idea of a miniature with a little less destructive power of course. i might look into it too.
Quote by Peradactyl
alright, off topic but how do i make forum posts

Quote by The_Paranoia
a4lrocker is an offical thread legend.
You should start off making those things that kill all cellphone signals.

We're making them in electronics class, they're pretty easy to put together.
BRIGHT LIGHTS PUT ME IN A TRANCE.
but it aint house music that makes me want to dance.
Quote by Joe-Fish
You should start off making those things that kill all cellphone signals.

We're making them in electronics class, they're pretty easy to put together.

You got a linkie? I love anything that has to do with electronic warfare.
No links. Google it.
Quote by a4lrocker
well...i dont know much about them other than they can destroy millions of electronic devices if detonated a few hundred miles above the ground. i kinda like the idea of a miniature with a little less destructive power of course. i might look into it too.

That's a nuclear bomb. Detonate it 2 miles above the surface and you can wipe out all electronic devices in an area the size of New York.
Quote by srv2112
rebuild tesla's earthquake machine!

That didn't actually work!

Anyway, if you want a REAL good EMP, just detonate a nuclear warhead about 2-6 miles (I can't remember the exact number) above your general target.

The sheer amount of energy released will create an EMP that will knock out all power in an estimated 3000 mile radius.

Thank History Channel.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by fallenangel20
That didn't actually work!

Anyway, if you want a REAL good EMP, just detonate a nuclear warhead about 2-6 miles (I can't remember the exact number) above your general target.

The sheer amount of energy released will create an EMP that will knock out all power in an estimated 3000 mile radius.

Thank History Channel.

Well, Mr. History Channel whore, I advise you check out the Discovery Channel. Mythbusters did an episode on Nikola Tesla, and a machine just like his was able to shake a whole bridge! PWND!!!
Quote by srv2112
Well, Mr. History Channel whore, I advise you check out the Discovery Channel. Mythbusters did an episode on Nikola Tesla, and a machine just like his was able to shake a whole bridge! PWND!!!

I know, I saw that, that's where I got it from.

Yes, it DOES have the energy to shake things, but it doesn't have the power to to what Tesla said it did.

Believe me, I watched it.

So, no, I'm not "pwned" and yes, it did "shake a whole bridge", but it's not like they were in immediate danger. It would have taken a VERY long time for anything noticable to happen.

There is no way to create a machine, at this moment, that could create a disruption the size Tesla tried to describe.

Quote by Guitarislife125
6 miles? I heard that can create a charge large enough for all of the United States.

Yea, that's what I was getting at. The US is approx. 3000 miles across, and I didn't want to make it seem like he was trying to nuke the US, so I just said "your target", and added the 3000 mile radius.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Haha that'd be awesome to have a mini emp!! I would totally carry one for when I get in a super smash bros match that I'm about to lose. Activate the emp, and you're safe. Your super smash brothers rep is intact. Unlike your friend's TV.
We're only strays.
Quote by fallenangel20
I know, I saw that, that's where I got it from.

Yes, it DOES have the energy to shake things, but it doesn't have the power to to what Tesla said it did.

Believe me, I watched it.

So, no, I'm not "pwned" and yes, it did "shake a whole bridge", but it's not like they were in immediate danger. It would have taken a VERY long time for anything noticable to happen.

There is no way to create a machine, at this moment, that could create a disruption the size Tesla tried to describe.

Yea, that's what I was getting at. The US is approx. 3000 miles across, and I didn't want to make it seem like he was trying to nuke the US, so I just said "your target", and added the 3000 mile radius.

Ahhh, I see wut u did thar!
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
Haha that'd be awesome to have a mini emp!! I would totally carry one for when I get in a super smash bros match that I'm about to lose. Activate the emp, and you're safe. Your super smash brothers rep is intact. Unlike your friend's TV.

I was thinking about more practical uses involving CCTV cameras, but that's good too.
Quote by Martyr's Prayer

I prefer pausing it, and "accidently" puching the restart buttons :p

I do not understand the schematics at all, I wish there was an electricity class at my school
Quote by captainjackass
I prefer pausing it, and "accidently" puching the restart buttons :p

I do not understand the schematics at all, I wish there was an electricity class at my school

I go 45 minutes away to another school to take electronics every day. I love it. Schematics are really easy to understand after a few weeks of class. They're also really fun to be creative with.