I currently work in my local guitar shop and among the free picks and discount strings, if i manage to catch my boss in a good mood, I could ask him to order me a guitar in and i only pay wholesale price, and under such circumstance, i could get an LTD EC-1000 for about £400, should i go for that, or can anyone recommend anything else? I play most classic rock and metal.
Funny words.
if its the one with the Seymour Duncans it will be pretty good for classic rock and very good for metal.
i didnt like the neck on mine. 24 frets on that scale is too many.
Gear
ESP Vintage Plus
LTD M-II
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Line 6 Flextone IIIXL
Quote by Eric 666
if its the one with the Seymour Duncans it will be pretty good for classic rock and very good for metal.

I'm looking at one of EMG models actually, i suppose i was too general with the genres, i'm more into Ozzy, BLS, and heavier classic rock.
Funny words.
Quote by I_Am_Iron_Man
I'm looking at one of EMG models actually, i suppose i was too general with the genres, i'm more into Ozzy, BLS, and heavier classic rock.

oh ok, well perfect, the EMG models should be great, especially for Ozzy and BLS.
Ec-1000's with EMG's are awesome. I would highly recommend that you get it. Best value guitar on the market and that's at full retail price.
Quote by Nutman69
i think ur gonna get flamed pretty bad.

Gear:
Peavey 5150 Combo
LTD MH-1000 NT
Schecter 007 Elite
Line 6 Pod XT Live
edwards, maybe. though that'd probably be closer to £500 what with customs and all.

but other than that, that's a pretty good price for the LTD, if the 24 frets on a les paul thing doesn't annoy you.

if you can't get it for £400, though, I'd rather have an edwards.

Gordon smith is maybe worth a look too, but again you'd be talking more like £500, maybe £600, for one with 2 pickups...

what do you play more of, classic rock or metal?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ I suppose more classic metal, Maiden, Metallica, Ozzy, stuff like that. One thing that appeals to me about this is the better higher fret access compared to other LPs.
Funny words.
I've got an EC-1000 and im dead happy with it. Best to try it out against some other guitars though. You can't go wrong for £400 quid especially.
Quote by I_Am_Iron_Man
^ I suppose more classic metal, Maiden, Metallica, Ozzy, stuff like that. One thing that appeals to me about this is the better higher fret access compared to other LPs.

ah- if that is the case, my edwards at least is just like a bog standard les paul in that respect. there are other edwardses a bit more like the LTD ones, but they might be a bit more cash, and I'm not sure of the upper-fret access.

£400 is a pretty good deal... unless you could maybe find a washburn wi65pro idol? they're generally pretty good value, around £300, stock with duncans... nice guitars, though you might not like the looks...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I realy like the ESPs. I played one in my store and was really happy with the sound. The 24 frets didnt bother me toooo much. I have kinda big hands to.
you lucky b-tard get it in snow white
Quote by Reincaster
I once got shocked by a spider amp.

I got powers like spiderman did, except I model everyone else's powers poorly.

Quote by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic

Quote by Dave_Mc
£400 is a pretty good deal... unless you could maybe find a washburn wi65pro idol? they're generally pretty good value, around £300, stock with duncans... nice guitars, though you might not like the looks...

Hmm, i'll check that out, I've been looking at X-50's as well, any views on those?
Funny words.
good guitars for a very nice price in the UK. as long as you don't mind (a) no inlays (b) pretty naff headstock and (c) a painted neck- of course those three are personal preference, and aren't related to the quality at all, but no inlays would put me off. But if you can put up with it, it's a very nice guitar. At least the one I tried was.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?