It sounds pretty good. I actually want to ask if the low frequencies of a bass are damaging my MicroCube somehow, since it's designed for guitars and so on.

The settings are pretty much clean and I never have the volume very loud.
Quote by Ki'
It sounds pretty good. I actually want to ask if the low frequencies of a bass are damaging my MicroCube somehow, since it's designed for guitars and so on.

The settings are pretty much clean and I never have the volume very loud.

for low volume practice, it should be fine. the speaker of the amp is really, the only thing at risk. just know, a speaker will "pop" like light bulb. one minute it's fine, and then, one note played too loud... toast. i'm not sure what size speaker you have, but a 6, 8, or 10" speaker, might cost $20 to $80 to replace. if all i had was a guitar amp to play through, i would. but you need to save up for a bass amp.
Quote by 83lespaulstudio
for low volume practice, it should be fine. the speaker of the amp is really, the only thing at risk. just know, a speaker will "pop" like light bulb. one minute it's fine, and then, one note played too loud... toast. i'm not sure what size speaker you have, but a 6, 8, or 10" speaker, might cost $20 to $80 to replace. if all i had was a guitar amp to play through, i would. but you need to save up for a bass amp.

Thanks, yeah, I should get a real bass amp. And just so you know, Roland MicroCube is tiny 5" 2 watt amp, but it's somehow the most awesome small practise amp on earth. [ link ]
Normally, I wouldn't recommend a guitar amp, but the Microcube handles a bass fairly well as long as you aren't taking it to "11" on a consistent basis. The same can be said for the Pignose H30. They aren't jamming amps by any definition, but they can handle bass for a practice or backyard situation.
ARE YOU NUTS!!?? using a guitar amp would blow the speaker to high hell especially if its a amp that's small like the Micro-Cube. Save some cash and get at least a 60w amp that will handle the lows of your bass.
Don't kill your Cube. Cease using it for bass. Get the Roland Bass Cube and be safe in the knowledge that you've just bought one fo the best practice amps on the market.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.