My mom told me I have to get a job because I sit around the house all day.

So I tried Chic-Fil-A thought having a girlfriend working there would get me in. Uh no...

So I'm off to the new place.

My friends have suggested 2 places.

Publix (grocery Store.) Or Target

Publix- All that 14 year olds can do is bag food and then carry it out for lazzy women who come in alone. So I'm walking in and out all day for minimum wage but tips from the people who I carry the food out for.

Target- I would work and the register which means standing up all day then having to go unpack trucks. But on the good side whenever I go in there, its filled with kids my age just goofing off with managers.

So which of those seems the best? Also can you suggest any other places?

And dont bother with music stores. They are too far away and hire at 18 not 14.
dude that sucks both those jobs sound really crappy. Try to convince your mom to not get those jobs and pick up another productive activity.
Listen to my songs, but only if you are prepared for the greatest experience of your life .
Have you considered a sweat shop? Or selling drugs to your friends and classmates?

Nah, talking seriously, work in a butchery. That way you'll go home covered in blood and stinking of raw meat. I'm sure your mother will beg you to quit that job. (That's what you want right?)
your options are very limited when you're 14. i would go with target. you might get a discount.
I worked at Jewel as a cashier and it sucked, but it would have been better if there were other people I knew there, everyone was like 30+ and went outside to smoke during breaks so I was alone in the breakroom.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Fernandes Dragonfly
Peavey Valveking 112

If I could write off your murder, I'd save all of my receipts,
because I'd rather you be dead, than lose a tiny shred of what I made this fiscal year - Dethklok
Blackmail.

Find embarrassing, or illegal things that your neighbor's possess, steal them, and sell them back at the threat of exposure.

Quite a lucrative living, I hear.

My next bet is piracy on the high seas.
Life is underrated.

Quote by Mad Marius
That's like saying you got cancer that comes with AIDS.
did you try a bigger grocery store? or maybe something like Zellers or wall mart? cause its raelly ufn to work there, my buddy usually opens a can of pop, and then claims it as damaged, and just drinks the whole thing, no one can do anything about it

^ that applies for other things too
Quote by sum_ugly_man
did you try a bigger grocery store? or maybe something like Zellers or wall mart? cause its raelly ufn to work there, my buddy usually opens a can of pop, and then claims it as damaged, and just drinks the whole thing, no one can do anything about it

^ that applies for other things too

You could also work at Wall-Mart and find people like that. Blackmail them and get them to do your job and go do whatever it is that 14 year olds do, i.e. stupid shit.
its pretty hard to get a job, im 16 and ive applied for countless jobs, none have called me back
Quote by venom0014
its pretty hard to get a job, im 16 and ive applied for countless jobs, none have called me back

same here- i think you've got to time it right, apply before the college kids do, before spring break. I applied a bunch after school got out and nobody had any openings
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Fernandes Dragonfly
Peavey Valveking 112

because I'd rather you be dead, than lose a tiny shred of what I made this fiscal year - Dethklok
Well if you're going to do one of those, pick Target. It sounds like harder work, but it'll pay off $_$.
First, don't get a job at 14.

Second, both of those places will suck, but neither will suck as much as working at a fast food place, and I think Target will suck least (you'll probably get a discount on clothes and stuff).
you got soul, or so you say. hey, i say you don't!

Quote by Sol9989
How is it that a 14 year old who sits around the house all day and bitches about possibly having to work at Target can get a girlfriend but an 18 year old who works out, studies, and plays guitar all day and already has a job can't? Something ain't right here.
Quote by SkyValley
How is it that a 14 year old who sits around the house all day and bitches about possibly having to work at Target can get a girlfriend but an 18 year old who works out, studies, and plays guitar all day and already has a job can't? Something ain't right here.

are you sure you aren't me?
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Fernandes Dragonfly
Peavey Valveking 112

Go for the grocery store. Once you're old enough to stalk shelves, you'll realise its an easy job.
Quote by ironman45
are you sure you aren't me?

Yes but only because I've never heard of a Fernandes Dragonfly.
My girlfriend worked at Target for a while, very high pressure to sell ****, even if you're not a sales person, I'd advise against it.

I myself worked in a grocery store, it absolutely kills to stand for so long, very unrewarding, BS job. They never stop letting you know how replaceable you are.

My advice: Tell your mom to go **** herself, then bet her 1 million dollars that she didn't have a job at 14. (If this backfires you might need to work both above mentioned jobs, though.)
When crying don't help
You can't compose yourself
It's best to compose a poem
An honest verse of longing
Or a simple song of hope...
Quote by The_Paranoia
My mom told me I have to get a job because I sit around the house all day.

So I tried Chic-Fil-A thought having a girlfriend working there would get me in. Uh no...

So I'm off to the new place.

My friends have suggested 2 places.

Publix (grocery Store.) Or Target

Publix- All that 14 year olds can do is bag food and then carry it out for lazzy women who come in alone. So I'm walking in and out all day for minimum wage but tips from the people who I carry the food out for.

Target- I would work and the register which means standing up all day then having to go unpack trucks. But on the good side whenever I go in there, its filled with kids my age just goofing off with managers.

So which of those seems the best? Also can you suggest any other places?

And dont bother with music stores. They are too far away and hire at 18 not 14.

Schwing!!
Be cool.
Quote by Steel8909
Go for the grocery store. Once you're old enough to stalk shelves, you'll realise its an easy job.

Stalking shelves eh? Haha, i think you mean stock?
Quote by Gaz_m2k5
Now when people say "Congratulations, I heard you just had a baby" you can say "Thanks! It was delicious."

/#1 reason for having a kid.

PSN: YosemiteSam13
14..... thats too young to work. you cant even drive yet. wait till your 16, i didnt even know places hired 14-15 year old people.
Well Enough Alone
I was working at 15. It seemed hard at the time until I did work in a factory later on. Now I look back on the days of bagging groceries and laugh at how easy it was.
Quote by 20sacksam
Stalking shelves eh? Haha, i think you mean stock?

Ya I mean stock lol

Also I'm not sure if this is true but, if you're under 16, do you get paid even less then minimum wage? Student wage or something?
Last edited by Steel8909 at Oct 30, 2007,
work at a restaurant dude! for your age probably dish pit ya it's lame but it is also money
UNLEASH THE FOCKING BURGERS