ok so my band got asked recently to perform at this pool hall, and thats wicked and all and we get money and all that good stuff but ive found out that this place holds a tough crowd because my other friends played there even thought they deserved what they got since there was no vocals only acoustic guitar....anywas were really good and i have no doubt will do awesome but the people that hang out at this pool hall are all in to rap and stuff im thinking/.... and we play classier rock but my friend that hangs out with them all the time thinks i should they would love it
what should i do???????

thanks
Punctuation ftw.

And do it. Even if it isn't up to your expectations, jamming with others is still better than most things you will ever do.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by Garret.
Rage Against the Machine

Absolutely, perfect. That would all **** their pants.
"We barely remember who or what came before this precious moment"

Tool, anyone?
Alter Bridge, maybe?
A bit of John Mayer?
Some beethoven sounds delightful, as well.
wtf rage against the machines?

and thanks (im horrible with english)

i think im gonna do it
Yeah, play Rage Against the Machine to catch their attention, then play some of your own stuff. Does your band have a myspace or site btw?
Quote by kris323
wtf rage against the machines?

Rage Against the Machine is a band, you may have heard of Them.

They combine Rap which apparently all the Pool hall fellows like, and Rock which I'm assuming your band plays
yes nothing recorded we record soon in nashville...
pretty excited about that
anywaz
reason why we havent recorded our selves is because we dont have the equipment and we dont really need to our selves because everyone comes to hear us lol

http://www.myspace.com/carpediemkwsk
o right i knew it was a band i just thought you randomly put it there
my fault dude
You're name is spelled the same way as mine
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
sweet and i think i will...
whats there to lose except for my pride if i mess up
every gigging guitarist knows the laws of gigging
everything ment to short out will
am i right?
Play, it doesnt matter if they like it, as long as they hear it.

and by the way, if a fight breaks out, make it big, riots are good publicity, also free.
If you're some classic rock kids, don't attempt to do raps. Even Dr. Dre would rather hear a good rock act than a pathetic attempt at rap.
Quote by stringmagician
If you're some classic rock kids, don't attempt to do raps. Even Dr. Dre would rather hear a good rock act than a pathetic attempt at rap.

Meh.
I would hardly call RATM rapping. Closer to motivational speaking, minus any motivation, add alot of anger.

I'm surprised people haven't started flaming this guy.
Quote by Horebane
Meh.
I would hardly call RATM rapping. Closer to motivational speaking, minus any motivation, add alot of anger.

I'm surprised people haven't started flaming this guy.

Sorry. I'll do that then.

Oi! TS, you bloody *****, we all hate you. Sod off back to your hole and leave us all alone.

You might want to play Epic by Faith No More too. That has rappy vocals in.
I don't mean to dissuade you, but I did one at a place that wasn't necessarily a "tough crowd" but it wasn't exactly the scene for an acoustic guitarist, let's say. And I wasn't received very nicely. I'm not trying to be an arrogant jackass, but I know when my voice is bad and I know when it's good and that night it was really good, but the general reaction was still pretty bad because it was a rap-themed place and only two people seemed to actually enjoyed it. It wasn't a nice feeling, but I was also pretty new to live shows so I was sensitive about it .

If you guys are comfortable enough with your music, do it, don't turn down a chance to play live (plus money). Sounds like you're going to, so good luck!
if you can sing it and play it play awww nawww hell no man yall been up and done it- aka nappy roots with the dude from pod. its calle aww naw rock remix- nappy remix pretty freaking good imo
With fat friends there are no see-saws.. just catapults!
Quote by Garret.
They combine Rap which apparently all the Pool hall fellows like, and Rock which I'm assuming your band plays

I don't know many people who like rap who are into rage...its still pretty rocky stuff
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Help Bunny gain world domination by copying and pasting him in your sig or webpage.

ANDY!!!
Awful gigs are part and parcel of a gigging bands experience. It depends on how serious you are about getting out there and doing what you love, regardless of the crowd. Dying on your arses or getting booed off the stage are what PE teacher-types might call 'character building'.

I say go for it.
"Is it an ambulance? Is he Philip Larkin? So much power in so few words."
~The Observer

"A transcendant terrestris, a timeless behemoth, trapped like Sisyphus in the cyclical burden of his own genius."
~The Sun

"His a cant."
~The Independent
For what it's worth, here's my opinion on the subject.

You should take the opportunity to play any gig you can, if nothing else it's experience, builds confidence and makes you a better performer.

You say it's more a rap orientated crowd, just because people listen to mainly rap doesn't mean they won't be receptive to other forms of music.

You never know who might be there listening.