Alright, so I have a epiphone Thunder bird IV.
Yes, i know the bass, and how bad it is. Don't mention that. But, something seems to be the problem with the area shown below. [In the picture, I'm not sure what it is exactly called, but it's part of the neck! :O]

Well, That are keeps sliding out of place, Does anyone know a way to fix it?
And when i mean sliding out of place, i mean, it slides outwards if it is in tune. So Currently, i had taking the strings out. and just have the bass sitting there.

So. Any suggestions?

[ Also, I could not get a picture of what my bass looks like, since I do not have a camera.]

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a209/miknotnerb/asaasasa.jpg
Quote by Deliriumbassist
That's the nut. Remove it, clean out the gap, and reglue it in. Use a good UHU style glue, wood glue won't work.

Ah, thanks alot.

But what is UHU glue?

And fast reply.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
That's the nut. Remove it, clean out the gap, and reglue it in. Use a good UHU style glue, wood glue won't work.

+1
and i don't recommend using super/crazy-glue(cynoacrylate), it doesn't do well on porous surfaces.

Edit: doh!
Last edited by 83lespaulstudio at Oct 30, 2007,
I used this clear brown poly glue when I broke the nut of my '51 Precision in half and off my neck when I tried to tune it BEAD (yeah, I'm an idiot from time to time) and it hasn't given me a problem since.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz
I used this clear brown poly glue when I broke the nut of my '51 Precision in half and off my neck when I tried to tune it BEAD (yeah, I'm an idiot from time to time) and it hasn't given me a problem since.

UHU glue is nice and cheap, though. I can get a huuuuuuuuuge tube for £1
Ben, beyond the UHU glue sticks, the rest of their products are not readily available in the US. Poly glue is probably the best bet this side of the pond.
Quote by anarkee
Ben, beyond the UHU glue sticks, the rest of their products are not readily available in the US. Poly glue is probably the best bet this side of the pond.

Jeez, something that's available in the UK but NOT in the States!? What is this world coming to
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by anarkee

damn US/UK divide always getting in the way of my good advice

But yeah, poly glue should work a charm.