1st off.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-CSH12-Electric-Guitar?sku=513839

Schecter 12 string. What I wanna know is; Is 12 string ANYTHING like 6? At all?

2ndly.

I've heard super-hyper-mega-hot humbuckers will blow up amps. I heard something about these 24k output humbuckers or something like that, mega hot ones.

My question's what would be the highest allowable output without being considered dangerous to my amp?
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
In playing terms, 12-string is the same as 6-string. Every "traditional" string just happens to be paired with another string tuned one octave higher.
12 string is just an extra string for every string tuned an octave higher... it's kind like playing on really thick strings.
Correction: the BASS strings are paired with a string an octave higher, the treble strings are paired with another string tuned in unison.

Usually
Well, high-output pups have been know to blow little SS amps that can't handle the output, but if you have a good amp, there shouldn't be anything to worry about.

But why would you need pups that hot?
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
man if your gonna go 12 string i would go acoustic, so much more of a different then an electric 12
empty the bullets from the chamber
dont get a 12 string, it is a bitch to change the the strings and do all that. unless you have your own guitar tech, then its cool
I know the 12 string would be a b!tch to change the strings, and finding pickups for it would be impossible. But seeing as it's practically the same strings paired an octave higher, would it be able to use a 12 string to harmonize a riff or solo by yourself?

&&I'd never need pickups that hot, it's just nice to know the allowable limit so I could place a limit between what I want and what I can actually take.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
its not like a 6 string because you cant play guitar soloes and you wont sound heavy at all becasue the higher octave strings.
Actually, I set one up for a guy who removed the paired strings on the bass strings, letting him play running bass lines and those delightful, twinkling melodies. Although his guitar was cheap, so it sounded crap.
Quote by Barghest
Actually, I set one up for a guy who removed the paired strings on the bass strings, letting him play running bass lines and those delightful, twinkling melodies. Although his guitar was cheap, so it sounded crap.

lawls..........pwnt
You could just buy a chorus pedal; it's basically the same effect.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.