Why is it that we have thousands of breeds of domesticated dogs that are near, or in some cases bigger then, wolves, but not one breed of big house cat?

I want to domesticate a lion.
while that would be ****ing badass and i would have one too, its not going to happen in our lifetime. first of all, cats are extremely independent and they definitely own their masters. also, though house cats are somewhat "less" independent... theyre still cats, and they still do whatever they want. lions are very far from being domesticated, lol.. if they ever will be. nice thought though... go play WoW and you can have one.
I want an elephant to be honest with you.

I always have. Since i saw Dumbo, I just wanted to get myself a saddle and a big-eared elephant and fly around and fight crime, his name would've been Bruno.

Sub-conciously, it's been a life-long dream.

And I will fullfil it, oh god will I fullfil it. You can't quote me on that!

Oh and a tiger, I'd name him Raja and we'd be best friends and have tea
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
haha yeah that would be awesome. I want some type of big cat. But as guitar poet said, my cats do whatever the hell they want already, so i dont even want to imagine what a lion would do around my house lol.
Gear:
Electric
Yamaha RGX520
Fender Strat HSS

Acoustic
1952 Martin and Co 00-18.
Yamaha FGX730SCA

Amp
Fender Twin Reverb
Fender Amp FM25 DSP

Pedals
Boss DS-1
Quote by NorseGodofRock
Scratch that. I want a ****ing polar bear.

you make me feel like a child again *bats eyelashes feverishly*
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Quote by blackflag49
I want an echidna named Chuck D.

WHAT THE HELL IS THAT??!
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

-- Arthur Honegger

i had a book on sea animals and the page with that guy up there (marsupial or platapus or whatever, excuse me if I'm blatantly wrong) really scared the hell out of me.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

-- Arthur Honegger

...because you can get past a dog, but nobody fvcks with a lion!

Gotta love Grandma's Boy...
This isn't where I parked my car...
Quote by x_thurston_x
i had a book on sea animals and the page with that guy up there (marsupial or platapus or whatever, excuse me if I'm blatantly wrong) really scared the hell out of me.

i posted a platypus

a marsupial is basically a mammal that has a pouch to keeps its young in, and theres probably other requirements as well. but echidnas, kangaroos, koalas, etc are marsupials.

unfortunately there are no awesome ones that could fight a polar bear anymore...

which is why i would have a pet wookie

or failing that
It may be possible to domesticate a large cat such as a lion and has already been done to a degree in circus acts etc. but it would never be allowed in the main because a cat that large would need a large area to wander around in meaning the owner would have to privately own a very large plot of land which most people of course don't. The costs would also be astronomical not only would you have to get hold of a lion but imagine the food/vet bills etc. This just simply won't ever happen because even if the methods are developed to make it possible because it would require sedating the cat for basically the whole of it's life.
Quote by Diamond Dave
an australian marsupial

check this guy out

GAH!

EVERYONE knows that the platypus and the echidna are monotremes.

If you don't know what a monotreme is, google it. They only live in australai.
I hate my username, it all happened in a rush

████████████████████████████████████████████
Quote by bLiNk182fOrLyF
GAH!

EVERYONE knows that the platypus and the echidna are monotremes.

If you don't know what a monotreme is, google it. They only live in australai.

**** i knew i was forgetting something. i thought echidnas and platypuses had to come under a different category to koalas and the like but i couldnt remember what it was called.

oh well, good call
TS, I will so pitch in for a lion or a polar bear. That would be AWESOME!

If it's a polar bear, I hope it drinks coke and gives tender love like in those Christmas commercials.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
Yes, indeed.

Monotremes lay eggs, and have pouches.

Like a bird/marsupial.
I hate my username, it all happened in a rush

Quote by x_thurston_x
Sub-conciously, it's been a life-long dream.

lol...it's not subconscious if you're aware of it.

But to the original thread: You know when a housecat sometimes decides to just attack your feet or your hands, and it ends up hurting like hell because of their wicked-sharp claws? Well imagine a lion deciding it wants to "play" with you like that...