Hey,

I'm the bassist and frontman of a garage band a few friends and I started about a month ago - we've had some successful jam sessions, but lately, our lead guitarist has been having confidence issues. Which is completely weird to me, because her guitar playing skills (while not pro) are still at least proficient. I've tried talking to her, but she suddenly went berserk and just gave up.

Any suggestions to getting her back on track?
Well Jim Morrison used to sing towards the band instead of the crowd, you could try that.

But she might just be on her period, give her a few days, she'll come around.

/arrogant sexism
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
Quote by blackflag49
Sex her up.

You changed your avatar?

When did this happen??

(blackflag sez: "bitch, ages ago, get with the times")
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Wait a week, (^same reasons) and if that doesn't help get a 2nd guitarist so she doesn't feel as much pressure. Or you could turn up to achieve the same result.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
she just needs some motion in her ocean

Quote by The Virtuoso
Yes, you sir win the internet!

Quote by saphrax
To put it crudely, every hole is a goal.

Quote by blackflag49
Ya, like 18 and a half hours ago..

Thank you for noticing

Cause we're soul brotha's!

haha, just kidding...

Honestly TS, just say as many uplifintg things as possible. If she's really that insecure suggest to her that she gets lessons so she can be more confident in how she plays. Stress to her that she is important and that the band can't survive without her.

Trust me, she's a girl, she NEEDS to be needed, otherwise, us as men simply lose.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

-- Arthur Honegger

You can't lose her because she's a girl.. who plays guitar... EPIC WIN
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
tell her she just needs to look sexy. that way, her guitar skills won't really matter.
Quote by jonnyrottn050
she's a chick . . . chicks do not rock

*cough* Angela Glasgow *cough* SEXIST FAGGIT *cough*

Mr.Edit:

*cough* Maria Brink (In This Moment vocals) *cough*
Last edited by MrDURPEEDURP at Oct 31, 2007,
Quote by schecter_guy
tell her she just needs to look sexy. that way, her guitar skills won't really matter.

that's true i guess
there's this girl in this local band (she has a ****ing Alpine White Gibson Les Paul and a Razorback Slimebumblebee!!!!) and i just told her she's ****ing hot and never talked to her about guitar at all and if she messed up on stage, i would tell her
something along the lines of "...you looked ****ing hot, don't worry about it "

unfortunately i didn't get with her because we stopped talking randomly....omg
she was a bi freak too with a VERY HOT bi lead singer who were both dating previously.... man...that woulda been great.