Page 1 of 2
Anyone out there like me who plays guitar but can't beat ur little brother in Guitar Hero? I find that it is easier to play the songs on a real guitar.
It's a fake wheel, dummy!
Quote by jthm_guitarist
Don't download music or you'll go to prison and get anally raped.
Ive noticed that the better you are at guitar, the more you suck at guitar hero. I dont know if its universal, but its how it goes in my area....

Personal best: 33% accuracy on war pigs on easy
Eh. I see Guitar Hero as a really good warmup for the fingers.

Though I haven't played it in ages.

Hm.

I may go do that.
I'm good at it, which either means I suck at real guitar or i'm a teen prodigy.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Don't sweat it. Guitar Hero is kinda gay.

I don't have a problem with the game really, but I hate it when people pride themselves on being good at it.
Remember when you were young
You shone like the sun...
Yeah.. Um not really.. I've found it really helps with simple fret movement if you play it on insane a lot, easy is too slow, especially when I play A7X nonstop.. It really does suck at first, it's pretty much memorizing the song and being able to adjust to a piece of crap wannabe guitar controller thing.
i am horrible at guitar hero.
i lack the concentration that is needed for it.
I suck (95% on easy mode after hours and hours of practice)

so does herman li from what i hear...
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
Yes yes yes! All my nonguitarist friends pwn me at that game! I could play any of those songs on real guitar way before I could think of play them on guitar hero.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
i play real guitar but suck at guitar hero my friend cant even palm mute or play a chord but can play better than me on that game.
its like that dance mat remember?? i dance good but that **** is useless for dancing its just gay, same thing happens with GH i guess
''courage is not enough to forget''
i'm pretty good at guitar hero considering i don't actually own the game. my cousin thinks playing guitar hero makes your real guitar skills diminish. he's kinda dumb.
I think it's a fun game. My rhythm is so much better now on real guitar, and I am a lot quicker. In a month of playing I can get 75%+ now on expert.
Co-Founder of the Puttsecks Group

Listen to my Lux Aeterna remix and other random songs! Comments?

Quote by ShelbyLynn
vicd08, your avatar is suckin up my life, and stealing my thoughts...

Quote by HanPlaysBass
I just want to say that your avatar is simply the best thing in creation.
Although I have barely played the game I think a lot depends on how you approach it. For instance if you rely too heavily on visually noting what you should be pressing you're obviously not going to get the rhythm right so you have to find a balance. If you are good at guitar and can memorize a song on GH I am sure you would have no problems with it.
Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW
I suck (95% on easy mode after hours and hours of practice)

so does herman li from what i hear...

Herman Li sucks at real guitar. lol

and I suck ass at Guitar Hero
Yeah. There are little things I do on real guitar that screw me up on GH.
My first (only) time playing I got four stars on medium (I don't even know if that's the scoring system)...so I guess not me?
Quote by FrenchyFungus
Hey y'all!!! Me and my friend were over at her house. I we were wonder what guys think when they see a hot girl at the mall or whatever walk by. (We're both pretty as y'all would say "blonde" sometimes).

Quote by rabidguitarist
I just look like some homo.
Well, Ive played the songs on guitar first (War Pigs, One, The Seeker, etc.) then played Guitar Hero. And I've actually improved with this (Ive gotten 96% on expert for War Pigs, and 92% on expert for The Seeker)
::raises hand::

I almost broke my friend's guitar controller trying Crossroads on easy. Not a happy camper
It's ironic, because my friend is literally (I know everyone says this but LITERALLY) LITERALLY he is champion-material, as in he knows every song in each game, and can do them on master, or expert or whatever it's called. Me, I can't stand it.
Quote by Douche ©
I may not be cool off the internet, but on the internet I am pretty cool.

Aww

The Pit Cliff Notes:
Quote by SOADfreak6
myabe we all suck thats why were sitting at a computer desk talking **** thro the enternet lol

If not all of us, at least him.

<//////>~
<---- can do both very well.

im better at actual guitar of course, since i rarely play GH, until i buy GH III and fall in love with the les paul controller

but yeah, i own on expert, but it's easier to do on guitar.
i can complete crossroads on expert!!! although i approach red on the health gauge frequently during solos.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Yeah, I totally blow at GH...our singer can whoop ass on it, though!
Quote by Grimme
I know plenty believe me. I've seen both Avenged Sevenfold and Bullet For My Valentine live, so don't tell me I don't know my metal.

www.myspace.com/awkwardsilencemusic
god i suck at it
the problem is everyone says im awesome at guitar
and when it comes to the guitar hero... i suck point blank
I was able to play most songs on expert except a few...like Psychodellic Freakout...but I stopped playing a while ago...and I'm not THAT good at guitar yet...I've been playing for about 3/4 of a year so I still have lots to learn.
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
I'm pretty good at both. GH was ****ing hard at first but the more I played the better I got, and now I can like 90% most songs on Hard in II. Real guitar is easier a fair bit of the time haha.
Quote by MrDURPEEDURP

im better at actual guitar of course, since i rarely play GH, until i buy GH III and fall in love with the les paul controller

but yeah, i own on expert, but it's easier to do on guitar.

you just, word for word, stole my reply
But there's no sense crying over every mistake, you just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Quote by captainjackass
Ive noticed that the better you are at guitar, the more you suck at guitar hero. I dont know if its universal, but its how it goes in my area....

Personal best: 33% accuracy on war pigs on easy

Yeah I had something like that... Even though I was a bit drunk. I'm not very good at guitar-hero. Only played it once though.
me too i suck. guitar heros not a skill game its more of a rhythm game
Half Man, Half Bearpig! I am Super Sereal!

Quote by jravolta
Every time the Jonas Brothers play, an innocent in Darfur is killed.

lol diversity in UGers:

Quote by i have to pee
I am not 12, but my sack is still hairless.

Quote by magnum1117
my balls are hairy as chewbacca's...
first time I did freebird on expert I got 78%, but i suck at real guitar
Quote by big duck
You are so going to hell, but that is hilarious.

Quote by esther_mouse

Quote by K_McGill
Idiot
I've never played guitar hero...

████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
It's probably because we're too busy playing real guitar.

...ya, I suck at Guitar hero too
Quote by mcw00t
"so you mean if the father is sterile, the kid will be sterile too?"

Proof God exists and evolution is a lie:
Quote by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace

yeh it kinda annoys me when my pro "guitar hero" friend goes "dude you play guitar? how do i do better than you"
but its really about coordination and rhythm, i can play on expert btw =)
Quote by hug a llama
Dude, if a title read "penis pics, come on in" I think about 93% of UG would still click on it.

Quote by Burpin'Worm
Nonsense. I'm telling you, nothing makes the fairer sex swoon like an extensive knowledge of siege weaponry and medieval battle tactics.
i learn songs by ear, so I keep going to make the chord shapes out of habit, or whe na solo starts, my hand shoots up the neck
My wife can kick my sorry ass in it, and I've been playing guitar for 18 years.
Page 1 of 2