i have a les paul

and everything on it is just awesome

im putting new pick ups in it

i want either a 59' Duncan for the neck and a Duncan Invader Bridge

or a 59' Duncan Neck and a DimiZario EVO 2 Bridge

which one is better

i play Children of bodom, Lamb of god with my band

but i also play stuff like the police and van halen with my dads band
don't go for hot pickups, a pair of 59's would work great, they have great tone and a moderate output. Hot pickups usually (can't speak for all of them) compromise tone for output. a 59 in the neck and a duncan pearly gates in the bridge or a JB pickup (also from duncan) in the bridge would be good too.
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
gah. i hate the way classic alcinos sound dirty. im a huge fan of the dimarzio X2N. its perfect for what i do. (metal/pop punk)
i want a variety pickup set

one for super-high gain and one for slightly light and pearly songs

didnt dimebag have his dimebucker and a flipped over bridge 59' for his neck

well i think im gonna go with this

DimeBucker Bridge
59" Neck should seem suitable
X2N is dimarzio, i definately recommend it
Guitar:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Jackson DK2-L w/ Dimarzio X2N
Takamine acoustic

Bass:
Fender Precision Bass

Amp:
Marshall AVTX150H
Behringer BG412F
Marshall MG15MSII
but the dimebucker is just wayy too non-trademark. i use the X2N cuz noone has famousized the sound yet. i know i sound likea broken record.. but to me its the best for hot high output..
thanks are theyre any guitars that have the X2N stock i could play at like guitar center to hear it

and also im putting some locking tuners on it how do i know what size to get???
no specific size. i think its a little larger than the standard strat hb pos so it works well tilted to the left. it also puts a little more blaze on the low end. but i have it in my epi and it fits just fiine. so it should fit a gibson lp. my buddy also has a dimebtucker in his hammett sig...? sterange lol... buy a signature to put someone elses signature pickup in it....
Quote by hightension01
i want a variety pickup set

one for super-high gain and one for slightly light and pearly songs

didnt dimebag have his dimebucker and a flipped over bridge 59' for his neck

well i think im gonna go with this

DimeBucker Bridge
59" Neck should seem suitable

Dime used a Bill Lawrence L-500XL, actually. Never used the Dimebucker. With good reason, it's terrible.

EDIT: The Invader sucks balls, as well..

Question: What kind of amp do you have?
Behringer V-tone 1200 or something its like 300 watts i think

it makes terrible guitars sound aweosme i imagine how good guitars sound on it

i was asking about the size of the machine heads/tuning pegs for my les paul do i need a certain size??
JB , it will do crunchy raunchy ac/dc, wicked cut through metal tone, and a smooth clean. It will suit your guitar much better as the dimarzio evo is best in basswood or alder. I've got the 59/jb in my c1 classic and really soars. You wont be disapointed, especially if you coil tap, its probably the most versatile pickup in my opinion for the bridge (the jb). BTW, how does a pearly gates sound compared to a jb, hotter? More dynamic? very curious, I wanna try one.
I'm hungry.
umm

i dont plan on having a AC/DC tone

i would be pissed

i want HEAVY CHILDREN OF BODOM/LAMB OF GOD TONE
Quote by hightension01
Behringer V-tone 1200 or something its like 300 watts i think

it makes terrible guitars sound aweosme i imagine how good guitars sound on it

i was asking about the size of the machine heads/tuning pegs for my les paul do i need a certain size??

For the tuner holes? I don't know what's standard on your Les Paul. What kind fo LP is it?

BTW, don't bother gettin' new pickups, if you're playing through that amp. It's a modeling amp (And not even a good one...), right? What's the point of better pickups then? The amp won't show the subtle improvements in your tone.
actully its a great one

and new pickups would be awesome

because im not always playing through that amp

i also play with my churchs band and my pickups make a huge difference
^^he loves his amp dude...

or trying to ignore you.

^btw, if u love the sound u get from that amp, why bother getting new pickups? i mean, if u like that sound, why change it? aren't u contradicting urself?
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by hightension01
actully its a great one

and new pickups would be awesome

because im not always playing through that amp

i also play with my churchs band and my pickups make a huge difference

It really isn't. It's Behringer. Nothing they make is of good quality....

Trust me, new pickups don't make as big a difference as you think. An amp is WAY more influential on your tone. Pickups are a very small part of it.
yeah well the pickups would make a slightly less umm rattely noise that mine have

and yes alot of behringers stuff is of good quality you just havent used theyre high-end EQ

and end of thread im getting my pickups
Wow. Yeah, why listen to older, more experienced guitarists, anyway?

Listen, are you using their "high end EQ"? No. Their guitar amps are cheap, and they're terrible.

Why do you even bother asking for advice if you're not going to listen to it? We're just trying to save you money.

EDIT: If you were to ask for a percentage of how much difference pickups make...I'd say something like 10%. Most of your tone comes from your amp.

You want high gain Lamb Of God tone? Go buy a Mesa Mark IV. Lamb Of God's guitarists use vintage output pickups.
it's true, i was going to contradict you since i had seen on the SD site that both mark morton and willie adler used the invader...but both of their sigs have SD JB or 59s in em.

if they ACTUALLY use those pickups when recording...harder to say but looking at the Sacrament DVD, i'd say they do use vintage pickups since i saw Morton recording all his leads with what looked like a classic Les Paul.
Really, your PU's wont make as much a difference as a new amp. Ive never been a follower of modeling amps, so I might be biased. If you want insane metal tones, I suggest the peavey 5150/6505 combo or half-stack. Ive played a few before, and the 12ax7 tubes do a great job of delivering that heavy tone your talking about. I believe Lamb of God used it for a few of its earlier albums, although I'll have to check on that to be sure.
Quote by forsaknazrael
Dime used a Bill Lawrence L-500XL, actually. Never used the Dimebucker. With good reason, it's terrible.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bz87jhgbwuA&feature=related

1:39 clearly a dimebucker

but i know he used the 500xl first just pointin out tht he did use the dimebucker
MIJ Rhoads Pro '90
Epi LP Prophecy GX + LP Custom Maple EMGs
MIJ Soloist XL '93 =]
MIJ Fender Strat Kahler
Squire tele '94?
Warlock platinum '90? old shape

Laney VC15

Jackhammer
TRADES????
Quote by forsaknazrael
^Well of course. It's a promo for a freakin' Krankenstein. So they gave him one of his Dean sigs. But does he use that live...or on recordings? Don't think so.

Well, technically he doesnt use anything "live" anymore...

TS, I know you love your amp but in the greater scheme of things it's nothing fantastic. This isn't about knocking peoples gear, this is about education...any money you spend on pickups is wasted and could have gone towards a better amp, why throw good money after bad?

Pickups don't make your tone, the AMP makes your tone, pickups just shape it a little. And just for the record, the shape you get from the Dimebucker is that of a big fat poo.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Well, technically he doesnt use anything "live" anymore...

Just for you....
Quote by steven seagull
TS, I know you love your amp but in the greater scheme of things it's nothing fantastic. This isn't about knocking peoples gear, this is about education...any money you spend on pickups is wasted and could have gone towards a better amp, why throw good money after bad?

Pickups don't make your tone, the AMP makes your tone, pickups just shape it a little. And just for the record, the shape you get from the Dimebucker is that of a big fat poo.

+1