Do a Google search, "how to draw anime" and you will find a few of these images below. Simply put I am a part-time artist (I guess). More like a hobbiest. Over the past two years I have found Anime quite appealing and decided tonight of all nights to have a go at drawing.

This is my first attempt at drawing Anime. Basically I had the image on my computer screen and used it to help guide me when drawing on my sketch pad.

Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated.

I always wanted to learn to draw well, and manga was up there on my list, but I just couldn't do it well enough. Plus, I only know one guy who can teach me, and he's always busy.

=/
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Is that Spike I see It's good but you could improve, keep working on it and make some great anime someday
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Quote by fallenangel20
I always wanted to learn to draw well, and manga was up there on my list, but I just couldn't do it well enough. Plus, I only know one guy who can teach me, and he's always busy.

=/

I took a few art classes when I was in high school. It helps to a certain degree. The issue was we never touched drawing. It was always painting and sculpting.

Now that I am in college I'm too busy with taking my core credits to do a fun drawing class so I'm left to explore on my own.
nice sketches. the best thing to do is keep practicing the way you are now, drawing things you see over and over until you have a feel and perspective in your head. Then you will be able to pull away from sketch work and start creating your own. Art is really similar to a musical instrument really, you get best by practicing and drawing inspiration from others work, perfecting your talent, then creating your own. Keep up the good work dude ;p

peace
The way i started drawing was lookign at my friends Dragonball z comics when i was young.
If you really enjoy doing it just find a picture you like and draw it the best you can while lookin at it.
i was able to improve really quickly that way
I'm Like an Altoid...small, white, and curiously strong
I just started copying...then created my own style....

It took some time...
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
honeslty i dont like anime much
or at all relly.
just my opinion tho.

ifi was to start drawing i would draw more graffiti, abstract stuff, collages, blahblahblahhhhhh
Call me Trey.
I personally hate that generic manga style, I would much rather learn how to draw like this:

PSN: Shibuib
Steam: Drag_on88rr@hotmail.com
add me

Elvis Presley aint got no soul, Chuck Berry is rock and roll.

日本語をシグに入れるのは馬鹿やキザ野郎のする事だぜ。
Last edited by Blackbullet at Oct 31, 2007,
Quote by Blackbullet
I personally hate that generic manga style, I would much rather learn how to draw like this:

+1
i love alot of the Gundam models
and even the Cowboy Bebop animations (as pointed out above.......somewhere)

but what most people consider "anime" sucks major ass, guys
seriously if you can watch it on cartoon network or nickelodeon chances are it aint anime :P
Quote by WickedBeast666
Noooooooooooo how could this be! he at all the chocolate in the box
Oh well, now the empty shell of what used to be chocolaty goodness can contain a tasty guitar circuit.

speaking of my homemade pedal
for those who dont know what Gundam is
Quote by WickedBeast666
Noooooooooooo how could this be! he at all the chocolate in the box
Oh well, now the empty shell of what used to be chocolaty goodness can contain a tasty guitar circuit.

speaking of my homemade pedal
I don't really like Anime or Manga drawings or cartoons, i usually draw more realistic stuff.
Some crap I've drawn:

Some non-crap that I've definently NOT drawn:

Make some Iced Earth manga, dude!
I suggest using anatomical skeletons, they will make your bodies look better in proportion, and make them look less flat.

also: hair is supposed to breathe, it is not a solid object glued to a forehead.
Quote by hippie_cune
Stukart, you're the most awesome human being I have ever met. I love you