im downloading i doser and its gonna take 20 hours to finish and my net has been slowed down so how can i speed things up?

buy more internets.
gear?
coming soon... parker fly mojo flame
ibanezes: rg350dx frankenstein * rg7620 7-string
fenders: telecaster plus * stratocaster plus

line 6: pod xt live * ax2 212
other: laney vh100r * mesa dual rectifier * monster cables
Last edited by DougC84 at Oct 31, 2007,
Quote by Final !mpact
im downloading i doser and its gonna take 20 hours to finish and my net has been slowed down so how can i speed things up?

as in youve gone over you data allowance for the month and are now on dialup speeds?

theres nothing you can do to speed it up short of hijacking a neighbours wireless connection or something which would be next to impossible for you to achieve in less than 20 hours anyway
no seriously you need to forward your ports...its the only free way to boost dl speeds by quite abit.
since i dont want to start a thread of my own, and the portfoward website has too much jargon in it for me to understand, is there anybody that can walk me through what i should look to do to forward a port?

i've tried it before, but i did something way wrong, and i knocked off my internet and we had to get it fixed by some guy because not even tech support guys from 3 different places could tell me how to fix it...

i have a speedtouch 530 modem which goes into a D-link Dl-524 wireless router and then into another computer. i am on my laptop which is connected to the internet via the wireless router.

what do i do? last time, i followed the instructions for the Dl-524 and it screwed me up, so what should i do?
Quote by Machanix
We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back!

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far
Than A Wise And Productive Old Age

Good Girls Go To Heaven, But The Bad Girls Go Everywhere!
Quote by instagata0
since i dont want to start a thread of my own, and the portfoward website has too much jargon in it for me to understand, is there anybody that can walk me through what i should look to do to forward a port?

i've tried it before, but i did something way wrong, and i knocked off my internet and we had to get it fixed by some guy because not even tech support guys from 3 different places could tell me how to fix it...

i have a speedtouch 530 modem which goes into a D-link Dl-524 wireless router and then into another computer. i am on my laptop which is connected to the internet via the wireless router.

what do i do? last time, i followed the instructions for the Dl-524 and it screwed me up, so what should i do?

no cause its different for every router.. my suggestion is to go to the website of the manufacturer of your router and find specific instructions on how do so or just don't mess around if you really have no idea what you are doing.