Hey I have a question. Sorry if this is not a good topic, but i am begging to know.

Ok say i have a metronome on at 150 BPM and im playing quarter notes (playing a note each time it clicks).

ok what if i start playing eighth notes (2 notes for each click)
what do i set the metronome up to to make the eight notes into quarter notes
whats is the percent of increase?

if you dont understand the question
i want to play eighth notes at 150 bpm into quarter notes at a higher bpm

i always hear people say "double time"
and i wanna know how to set my metronome

thanks for the help
It's like Superman reading the teachings of Jesus. The two greatest musicians on Earth hath combined forces. I officially quit music, as it has reached it's zenith with that cover.
so literally just double the speed of the original counting?
It's like Superman reading the teachings of Jesus. The two greatest musicians on Earth hath combined forces. I officially quit music, as it has reached it's zenith with that cover.
Yes, it is as easy as it sounds
Proud Owner of a Fender Jazz 24 V

Private Simmons of the Red vs. Blue club. PM Fret13 to join.

Things to come:
Carvin or Trace-elliot rig
EBS Valvedrive (Newest edition )
yup, but it is better practice to just play 8ths to the quarter beeps at 150bpm (it can help ur inner clock)
Double up at first but you should start playing 8ths and 16ths etc at the same metronome speed. This will help you acquire a inner sense of time division and help you work out complex rhythms against a metronome or a drummer later on.
Even 8ths is one of the first things a bassist should learn imo, because if yo don't nail it early on it comes back and bites you in the arse later. Remember to work on it at slower speeds as well, generally people at most comfortable in the middle range of tempos, so slowly work on getting quicker, while also making sure you can be dead steady on the slower tempos.
Founder of Jaco society

[22:08:23] <Confusius> I wish I was a bassist
[22:08:26] <Confusius> you fuckers look cool

Want to know how to play bass in jazz? Read this.