I am learning to read the bass clef with the book "simplified sight reading for bass", but I need more exercises. Does anyone know a site that offers free exercises with simple rhytms and melodies? Or maybe a generator to make them myself.

Thanks
memorize which notes are on each line and space, get some simple sheet music, and practice until you can grasp which notes are played where. there is no particular exercise that will make this easier.
sight reading will help, even if you're not to good at it, eventually you'll start to not only recognize which note is which, but also where it is on the neck
Quote by Lechium
memorize which notes are on each line and space, get some simple sheet music, and practice until you can grasp which notes are played where. there is no particular exercise that will make this easier.

That's the question, where do I get the simple sheet music?
Try www.activebass.com for Bass Clef training.
For simple sheet music, I normally just use Google pictures, and look for easy songs.
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
Quote by BassistGal
Try www.activebass.com for Bass Clef training.
For simple sheet music, I normally just use Google pictures, and look for easy songs.

on activebass?? I can only find lessons in tab-form
it took me less than a week to learn it...

Write random notes ( A G B E C F A D C B E C etc) and notate them on the clef. I did about 250 a day. Yeah my teacher was Korean.
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
A) What does being Korean have to do with anything?
B) TS, when you say you want exercises, do you want to learn to sight read or learn the bass clef?

I am learning how to sight read, but aren't the two the same?
No. Learning the bass clef involves knowing which line represents which notes. Learning to read involves knowing which notes (the bass clef has become automatic no need for two steps of logic.) correspond with which fret, and learning the rhythm it all goes to. And then sightreading, is reading on sight, i.e. instantaneously, first time seeing the piece.