Poll: Which amp?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which amp?
Roland Cube 15x
12 71%
Line 6 Spider 3 15
5 29%
Voters: 17.
So, I'm buying a small amp tomorrow, because, well, I need a 5th amp (don't ask...)

I'm torn between a Cube 15x and a Line 6 Spider 3 15... I think I just threw up in my mouth...

I play all sorts of music, Metal, Blues, Jazz, Funk. Yeah, basically everything.

I've only got $215 AUD to spend, and the Cube is $215, the Spider is $190.

Normally, I'd be like "yeah Cube for sure" but I've never played the 15x.

I can't play them both tomorrow, cause the stores are in opposite directions, and I don't have enough time to go to both. So, is the Cube 15 better than a Spider 3 15?
Quote by kyrreca
If your EQ looks like this your audience will look like this
Last edited by Cofflecakes at Oct 31, 2007,
Actually, the Spider is better. The 15x doesn't have the amp models that the rest of the Cubes have.
If you're just using it for home practice, get a Microcube instead. Or a Vox AD15VT if you can swing it. If you play nothing gainier than classic rock, Epi Valve Jr.
well it seems that you've made up your mind..i have a line 6 spider 75 watts, and i couldnt speak more highly of it..having said that ive never played a cube..but yeah just really happy with my line 6 if that means anyting
Already have 2 VJs

Not a chance I can swing a Vox, and the microcube is the same price as the 15x, so is it really better to get?

I haven't made up my mind, because I've only played the cube 60 and a 150watt spider, and the 15 watt versions have different speakers & different amp models.
Quote by kyrreca
40+ views, and like 1 vote?

Nice one guys.

But yeah, I think I'll go the microcube. Less strain on my battery.
Quote by kyrreca
i have a microcube, excellent small amp, great for going out

today i just bought a vox ad15vt, still in the box havnt opened it yet, its such a great amp, kinda like an enhanced version of the cube

add vox ad15vt and i'll vote for that
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
there is no way I can afford an AD15VT. All I have is $223 AUD
Quote by kyrreca
my Roland vote was for the microcube.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
wicked. I'd change it to between the spider & micro cube, but I can't.
Quote by kyrreca
yea i htink only mods can change the polls. i vote it hsould be editable.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by Cofflecakes
there is no way I can afford an AD15VT. All I have is $223 AUD

(although i bought my vox for $299aud) i voted for roland cube, but go microcube. 2nd hand can go pretty cheap

im actually considering selling mine, pm me if interested (im in brisbane)
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Quote by Aftertime
(although i bought my vox for $299aud) i voted for roland cube, but go microcube. 2nd hand can go pretty cheap

im actually considering selling mine, pm me if interested (im in brisbane)

I wish I could get a 2nd hand one, I need it by tomorrow though
Quote by kyrreca
dam that sucks

well either way go for microcubes, they should be pretty cheap now

good luck
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Microcube if you can't get a Valvetronix.
Quote by Td_Nights
Prank calls?

What are you, 10?

Be a man and go take a shit on someone's car.

Quote by Fate_of_Mind
I skimmed through, saw pregnancy test, and "why is there blood". I'm going to assume you just punched her in the ovaries, problem solved.

Xbox Live GT: VRSlashGnR
just curious, y do u have 2 VJs?
Half Man, Half Bearpig! I am Super Sereal!

Quote by jravolta
Every time the Jonas Brothers play, an innocent in Darfur is killed.

lol diversity in UGers:

Quote by i have to pee
I am not 12, but my sack is still hairless.

Quote by magnum1117
my balls are hairy as chewbacca's...
Well, I had 3 up until recently, but I ran into a tight financial spot, so my least favourite one had to go. I have one kerry did for me, and 2 I modded myself. 1 of them was specifically for cleans, the other for dirty sounds. It was killer for recording song ideas.

When I get the cash to buy a 3rd one again (this amp is for a project involving my car) I'm going to probably go for Fender styled, with the lowest gain possible.

My original plan was to mod 2 heads the same, and run them in stereo, but too many things to go wrong, so I cut down.
Quote by kyrreca
Quote by which ones pink
Actually, the Spider is better. The 15x doesn't have the amp models that the rest of the Cubes have.
If you're just using it for home practice, get a Microcube instead. Or a Vox AD15VT if you can swing it. If you play nothing gainier than classic rock, Epi Valve Jr.

+1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?