Page 1 of 2
Us down here in New Zealand are seriously into our metal. Go on myspace and check out some of these bands. None of them get a lot of worldwide attention, and are all poor as hell.

8 Foot Sativa - Melodic Death
Ulcerate - Death
Dawn of Azazel - Black
Sinate - Death/Thrash

Those are the big ones. Here are a couple of not so big acts.

Ornithologist - Wierd stuff, but some insane riffing nonetheless
Werefetus - My band. Put it in band promotion thread but no-one saw it. Desperate for some attention
ALL HAIL THE WEREFETUS

"And he opened his mouth and out came not words, but a savage and evil fire"

SATAAN!!! MRAHNGDIPMJEH!!

www.myspace.com/werefetusband
I agree with you, 8 Foot Sativa espically is really good
My Band's Myspace

Quote by sizzlefizzle
when it comes to girls, the best thing to do is to just give up on trying to understand them.

cant live with 'em, cant live without certain parts of 'em.
can you say "Fish and Chips" for me???? :P lol

ill definately give em a listen!
.(....\................/....)
. \....\............. /..../
...\....\.........../..../
....\..../´¯.l.¯`\..../
..../... l....l....(¯ `\
...l......l....l.....\....\
...l......l´¯.l´¯.l \....\
...\......` ¯..¯ ´......?
....\__________.?
Quote by Makkis
If they're any good we'll take them and call them Australian.

Oi! Us Kiwis make better metal and you know it. *coughparkwaydrivecough*
EDIT: I actually don't know any good Aussie metal. Could you direct me to some?
ALL HAIL THE WEREFETUS

Last edited by CrunchyMonkey at Oct 31, 2007,
Quote by GuitarSacrifice
can you say "Fish and Chips" for me???? :P lol

ill definately give em a listen!

I'll impersonate an Australian for you. It's funnier.
Ahem. "Feesh and Cheeps"

Woops ur Australian lol sorry
ALL HAIL THE WEREFETUS

Meh. I'm New Zealander and even I admit that the metal scene is absolute balls here. Theres not much to brag about any music in N.Z, let alone any metal. Even our Tasman neighbors have produced far better metal than we ever have.
roar
Quote by Magero
....I was referring to Makkis, but your post "knew its ****" aswel

Aha yay!
Quote by Magero
^Listen to this man. He know's his shit.

8 foot suck though. They're just an At The Gates clone, a bad one.

8 foot suck!? Sure, if you like, but they are ripping off no one. 8 foot have a really unique sound, they use way more off-key notes than At the Gates. Try listening to Breed the Pain (third album)
ALL HAIL THE WEREFETUS

8 Foot is okay. I'm from NZ.

Real Groove is a ****ing mint shop. Im surprised at how many black metalheads there are over here.
Wenn die Nack einfällt
bedeckt sie die Welt
mit undurchdringlicher Dunkelheit.
Kälte steigt vom boden auf
und verpestet die Luft
plötzlich...
hat das Leben neue
Bedeutung

Burzum "Dunkelheit"
at the gates clone? note patterns and melodies are quite different, they actually use tremolo picking on the riffs hammer on pull offs, unlike the often clone comparison drawn to slaughter of the soul, hmmm can i say..... "Zomg, they play guitar, they must have ripped off someone >:O! play guitar with a log! zomg now thats original and kewl"... i just heard 8 foot saliva =\ definately not that much of an ATG clone, sure you didnt specify what uh phase of atg they ripped so you might escape saying they might have some in common with WFIKTBD or TRITSIO but either way, they're not really an ATG clone, and i dont even like the band taht much its getting kinda annoying to hear "ATG CLONE ZOMG! THEY"RE SWEDISH" Or "ZOMG THEY USE PEDAL NOTES THEY MUST BE RIPPING OFF ATG" just like fags always saying "ZOMG HARMONY< IRON MAIDEN INVENTED HARMONY LYK ZOMG! MAIDEN WORSHIP ZOMG!" yeah... okay let me hit random notes... oh wait im copying Gorguts' Obscura? i didnt mean to, now stfu gawd, and no offense to obscura :P lol i mean hell compare dark angel and exodus, almost the same gay ****, ****ing open 6th string 16th notes and a bunch of power chords most of the time, wait thats what alot of other hrash band did too =\... anyway, my rants over and im going to sleep i didnt feel like making it go anywhere... lol
Quote by punk_metal
lulz sheep shaggers.
I heard that over in NZ they say the exact same joke about us?

I've heard English say it about Welsh too.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Fush and chups

Quote by CrunchyMonkey
Oi! Us Kiwis make better metal and you know it. *coughparkwaydrivecough*
EDIT: I actually don't know any good Aussie metal. Could you direct me to some?

Dred, The Berzerker, Black Asylum, Black Majesty, Lord, Psycroptic, Destroyer 666, Ne Obliviscaris?

Dred have such amazing solos
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Last edited by whalepudding at Nov 1, 2007,
Yeah us English say it about the Welsh alot. I live in New Zealand. And the Metal scene is ****ing sick over here man. Saw: 8 Foot && Antagonist a couple months back live for the Posion Of Ages tour. Brutal

CrunchyMonkey where in NZ you from?
New Zealand hey? The southern hemisphere seems to be catching up; we got ourselves a nice scene down here in South Africa too, believe it or not :P
Quote by In_This_Moment
Yeah us English say it about the Welsh alot. I live in New Zealand. And the Metal scene is ****ing sick over here man. Saw: 8 Foot && Antagonist a couple months back live for the Posion Of Ages tour. Brutal

CrunchyMonkey where in NZ you from?

West Auckland yeeeaaah.
ALL HAIL THE WEREFETUS

Go kiwis. We need to step up our music scene cuz here in New Zealand we got ****. If u live in New Zealand please start a decent band.
Dawn of Azazel are average at best. Probably the only half decent NZ band posted here but. I'm sure there are some good underground bands there, but I couldn't give a shit enough to look for them. Best NZ band I know of going around at the moment is Diocletian. http://www.asphyxiaterecordings.com/audio/diocletian_masterenslaver.mp3

saw a recent live video of them though and thought it was a bit hilarious with a couple of them in hoodies (with the hoods pulled over). Must be Scribe fans? Dey can flow liek dis.

I think Creeping are Kiwi too aren't they? Semi decent black metal.

Can't see the point of comparing Aus to NZ bands but when in Aus we have/have had: Destroyer 666, Bestial Warlust, Sadistik Exekution, Damaged, Gospel of the Horns, Portal..... aaannndd need I go on.
Shadilay.
Last edited by morbid_death at Nov 13, 2007,
http://profile.myspace.com/rapingyourfaith - Non Servium - Black/Death/metal
http://profile.myspace.com/pleasantsurprise - Pleasant Surprise - Black/Death/metal

I love the guitaring in the one song Non Servium has up.

Give it a listen, its from Whangarei.

8 Foot Sativa would be the best New Zealand band IMO. I don't like there newest album so much though. Old 8 Foot is the best IMO.
Dawn of Azazel are average at best. Probably the only half decent NZ band posted here but. I'm sure there are some good underground bands there, but I couldn't give a shit enough to look for them. Best NZ band I know of going around at the moment is Diocletian. http://www.asphyxiaterecordings.com/audio/diocletian_masterenslaver.mp3

saw a recent live video of them though and thought it was a bit hilarious with a couple of them in hoodies (with the hoods pulled over). Must be Scribe fans? Dey can flow liek dis.

I think Creeping are Kiwi too aren't they? Semi decent black metal.

Can't see the point of comparing Aus to NZ bands but when in Aus we have/have had: Destroyer 666, Bestial Warlust, Sadistik Exekution, Damaged, Gospel of the Horns, Portal..... aaannndd need I go on.

Aus > NZ metal wise.

Psycroptic, The Berzerker, The Amenta, Destroyer 666, Pathogen, Dyscord, LORD, Mytile Vey Lorth, Abyssic Hate, Five Star Prison Cell, Fuck... I'm Dead, etc.

Even the local scene in Brisbane kicks-arse.
Rishathra, People Die, Soul Scrape, Omit, Metallurgy, Minus Life, Garthum, Born From Ashes, Leviticus, Deprave, Empyrean, The Dead...etc.

Although we do have shitloads of sceneXcore shite.
Last edited by Magero at Nov 25, 2007,
Quote by Magero

Even the local scene in Brisbane kicks-arse.
Rishathra, People Die, Soul Scrape, Omit, Metallurgy, Minus Life, Garthum, Born From Ashes, Leviticus, Deprave, Empyrean, The Dead...etc.

Every single one of them blow.
Shadilay.
Woo Kiwi metal FTW!
yer 8 foot rules
it's a lil weird that like all kiwi metallers are vegans tho....
Quote by blitzd
it's a lil weird that like all kiwi metallers are vegans tho....

Whoah...Where did that come from. Kiwi's love meat. I don't know where you get that vegan stuff from.
Dude. Try Beneath The Silence if you're into metalcore, but be warned - some of their older stuff is pretty death-influenced (no I'm not trying to say they're death, merely that they have some deathy riffs and stuff)
Young underground metal FTW. I heard they're only year 10s.

http://www.myspace.com/beneaththesilencenz
Quote by sheumack111
I allways found that having sex while listening to Tool/Planet X/Dream Theater was hard because every time you tryed o keep the beat they would change time sig, then you would get pissed off and then loose your mojo for the nite.....

I fucking Lol'd
The only decent 8 foot album is "Breed the Pain" apart form that (excluding a few songs) the rest is crap
a black metal band from christchurch re-named it"anti-christchurch". the band name is varraghor incase any of you want to know.
Diocletian is fucking great.

I just mentioned all good NZ metal right there
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
Quote by Teeth2483
Good aussie metal band = Abominator

I dig it anyway.

Yep. Bestial Warlust too. Absolute killer
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
Diocletian are NZ, right? In which case NZ pwns.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Page 1 of 2