hey there everybody!!
i have a few questions about starting a band and playin and stuff. ps ive tried the band forum but not many people are viewing.

so my first question is:
how often do most bands get together for?? (beginner style not pro)
you are rad
rad
rad
so radical

Quote by dinha soady
ive tried the band forum but not many people are viewing.
That's not a valid reason for misplacing a thread. You'd be well advised to delete this immediately.

Good luck,
SYK
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
once a week, now get your ass to the band forum
Quote by hippie_cune
Stukart, you're the most awesome human being I have ever met. I love you
Jeez, you people talk like it's some terrible crime to put a thread in the wrong forum. It's really no big deal.
Quote by Weybl Himself
Jeez, you people talk like it's some terrible crime to put a thread in the wrong forum. It's really no big deal.

True.

And my beginner-ish band practices about once a week.
Quote by kriscornella2@g
I know i wish i was as cool as you and be into Sum 41 and Taking back Sunday. Gaylord.

Quote by civildp1
you should call one of the songs, "Respecting Old People" just to mix things up.

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
You just made a very powerful enemy BenFoffenbock.
yea screw these aholes man. they have no power in the real world so they try to act like they have it here! i would say get together once or twice a week!
at least once a week... but it isn't just about "getting together"
Quote by Pharoah
Can God create a hot dog so hot even he couldn't eat it?

Lyke omg D@ @p0OcpLpSYe.
Quote by mray
yea screw these aholes man. they have no power in the real world so they try to act like they have it here! i would say get together once or twice a week!

Far from a power trip, SomeoneYouKnew was giving advice; he didn't even report the thread. Encouraging a user to post in the wrong place could end you up with a warning along with the TS.

dinha soady - The bandleading (and other such forums) can be tedious as hell, but they're there for a reason. Wait it out, and if you don't get a response read the FAQ's in the forum to see what the rules are on bumping your thread.
yeah well the pit is defined as 'The forum for all general discussion that is not covered by other forums, from music issues to whatever'.
this is a music issue and it is not being discussed in the other forum becuase noone is replying.
therefore i have a complete right to post it here.

and thanks for the helpful comments guys

so whats more than getting together?? i know you work on songs and stuff but yeah... where on earth do you start??
you are rad
rad
rad
so radical

oh and mathomology, thanks for saying that politely i might actually listen to you cus you explained in a nice way. there are ways to say things and ways not to. but, as it is, i still dont see whats wrong with asking this question in the pit. its just a question on music....
you are rad
rad
rad
so radical

Quote by mray

actually I think that, me being a security officer, gives me somewhat an authorising position. Besides that, theres a difference between making a mistake and knowingly put a thread in the wrong forum. /offtopic.
Quote by hippie_cune
Stukart, you're the most awesome human being I have ever met. I love you
a polite fyi:
i didnt do it on mistake and the other forum is not covering this topic.

comeon guys i just want some suggestions!
you are rad
rad
rad
so radical

Quote by dinha soady
yeah well the pit is defined as 'The forum for all general discussion that is not covered by other forums, from music issues to whatever'.
this is a music issue and it is not being discussed in the other forum becuase noone is replying.
therefore i have a complete right to post it here.

and thanks for the helpful comments guys

so whats more than getting together?? i know you work on songs and stuff but yeah... where on earth do you start??
No, genius, you DON'T.

Did you even read what you just posted? Let me make it a bit more obvious for you.

'The forum for all general discussion that is not covered by other forums, from music issues to whatever'.

Well, I tried to be nice about it. That didn't seem to get through to you.

You made a thread, just like this one in the Musician Talk main forum:

tryin to start a band - I WOULD LOVE SOME HELP

Then you made a second thread in Bandleading:

tryin to start a band - I WOULD LOVE SOME HELP

This is your third thread.

Do NOT spam the Pit!

*Reported*

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
yes you are very right.
i did try the musician talk forum, was directed to the bandleading one and when neither worked i ended up here.
look, no big deal, i just needed some ideas but no worries il go elsewhere. and plus i have no clue what spam is anyway
you are rad
rad
rad
so radical

Quote by dinha soady
You should jam with them, and you should decide a song to cover (Don't start doing originals straight away). Everyone should learn their parts to the song by themselves, and then practice it as a group at the next practice. Maybe just jam on it. When you're ready to start writing songs, you could do it any way you want - there's a whole thread here about how different people write songs.

Of course you don't need to do any of that, there's no set things you have to do, that's just how I see it.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Dude you are a douche get a life. Do you get off on reporting people?
I went to go answer your question in your other thread in the bandleading forum but you've asked a different question...

Go back to your thread in the bandleading forum and put all the questions you have in your first post. That way you will get the most helpful responses and it's alot less awkward for people. Then delete this thread.

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Do NOT spam the Pit!

haha

Edit: I know I shouldn't have posted in a reported thread but I assume since it's been half a hour that t's staying open
Last edited by bequickorbedead at Oct 31, 2007,
thanks guys and sorry for confusing you
Il post my q’s there and someone can delete this thread if they like, cus honestly I have no clue how to!
thanks again
you are rad
rad
rad
so radical

Quote by Weybl Himself

we could always delete all the other forums and use the pit for all discussions

that would work out wonderfully!
Quote by Diamond Dave
we could always delete all the other forums and use the pit for all discussions

that would work out wonderfully!

...or maybe just one big thread, then we could take away any rules too and people could just post whatever they wanted. Wouldn't that be great?
Quote by bequickorbedead
...or maybe just one big thread, then we could take away any rules too and people could just post whatever they wanted. Wouldn't that be great?

i think we could get away with a shoutbox or something
Quote by mray
Dude you are a douche get a life. Do you get off on reporting people?

When others are in the wrong he politely (more so than anyone here) sends them in the right direction. There's no power trip what-so-ever. You're warned, be thankful you're not banned. Any intolerance to people reporting incorrect things will wield the same result. Ultimately it is up to the Mods to take any action, the report function is just to draw our attention to it.
Filth, pure filth... That's what you are.