Well, before I got my current steel-string acoustic, I used to practice on a classical. They're much easier to bend on etc, mainly due to more space between strings. Well, I got my acoustic now, and I can't bend that well compared to on a classical mainly because I have weak finger strength(bending everyday so I can hit that 2 steps up thing) but I keep hitting the string above the one I'm bending so it makes a not really nice noise.

I want to rectify my technique. Help please? And I was used to bending under the other strings on a classical, not really good either. <_<
Pushing it, as in towrds me cos its on the B string (I practice there mainly, Wonderful Tonight by Clapton, anyone?)
When I bend, I ussually mute all the lower string by the thumb, of my fretting hand, and all the highers, mute by index finger. That's why I can strum all strings strong as fuck and it sounds even better.
Don't tell anybody, but I usually do a little cheating - when I have to full-step bending - I bend only a half step, but one fret higher. Most of folks don't hear the difference, and strings aren't breaking as fast.
"That was it, a nick. Now happily paid for. [...] It was decided that it was so far away in time and influence that...well, you only get caught when you're successful. That's the game". Robert Plant
well, when i bend, i try to catch the string above it on my finger as well, so i bend them both. it mutes the sound it makes that youre talking about. whether itll take alot of practice or a little bit is a different story, i just did it, so i didnt really think about it.
Quote by NGD1313
I cen lyk spel reel gud. I came n 2nd n da spelling b, sum dumb 4en kid beet meh.
Use two fingers. Like one will be higher up on the fretboard (on the same string.)
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
Quote by browar

Don't tell anybody, but I usually do a little cheating - when I have to full-step bending - I bend only a half step, but one fret higher. Most of folks don't hear the difference, and strings aren't breaking as fast.

That would be a bad habit IMO, one half step of difference is very noticeable and if you're doing full bendings this way, it'll sound very flat.

About the thread, check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCbS1BWrTcs
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS
Quote by sSyLc
Use two fingers. Like one will be higher up on the fretboard (on the same string.)

I do that usually, but I the problem is I can't bend the string above it/the string above it rings when I pull the bend back down and the sound is really shiit, so I'm wondering how to mute that.

Anyway, my G-string just snapped (... I've gotten so many weird responses from non guitarist friends) so I'm getting a whole new set. Anyone wanna suggest a set?
Snapped your G-string while fingering a minor? ;-)

As for string packs, I use Fender Phosphor Bronze .011's on my acoustic, best sound I've had.
I play with 12's. It's hard enough bending a half-step. No way in hell could I ever bend 2 full steps.