I'm going to NY 4 the first time from the 8th-11th nov. Does anyone know of any good gigs thats going on (punk/metal/emo/hardcore) at that time? also any good music shops anyone can reccomend.

cheers
I went to New York too for the first time in August, I don't know about the gigs, but I remember a whole street filled with guitar/drums/music stores, it was a few blocks away from Times Square, you should definitely go check those out, I spent like a half day there just looking and drooling at all those guitars you don't see here
We are "PSYCHONAUT", Psychedelic/Stoner/Sludge from Belgium.

Check out our recordings and shows here:

BandCamp
YouTube
FaceBook
Yeah, Spamalot was pretty sick. I love Moty Python.

Anyway, if you're going to New York, I don't know much about music but food I do know about. Basically go to the upper West side (like from 50th to 80th) and there's some awesome food. I highly recommend Brother Jimmy's (I think on like Amsterdam and 78th, not quite sure- haven't been since March). They also have some really hot waitresses there. Anywhere else on the West side is pretty good too.
Quote by cocacolabottle
I went to New York too for the first time in August, I don't know about the gigs, but I remember a whole street filled with guitar/drums/music stores, it was a few blocks away from Times Square, you should definitely go check those out, I spent like a half day there just looking and drooling at all those guitars you don't see here

West 48th street??

Sam ash mannysmusic etc etc. Awesome street! My hotel wasonit.
Gear:
Wasburn x-40w/floyd roseOFR
Swineshead venom+warthog pups
Kustom 100 wt quad DFX,Boss MT-2,Ibanez TS-7
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
Awesome, cheers for the advice guys, will have to check em out. Liking the sound of the guitar street! sounds like Danmark st in London.