I practice legato and alt picking for about 20-30 mins a day each, this includes exercises and parts from songs. Though I've noticed I've been stuck at playing 16ths at around 104 bpm for the past 2-3 months

I don't anchor, and I pick from the wrist. I also warm up correctly. What could be the problem?
Have you tried going up to 105bpm? Or can you literally not go any faster?
Guitars:
Duesenberg Starplayer TV
Fender Jaguar
Indie PRS Copy
Faith Saturn E/Acoustic
Simon & Patrick SP12
Fender Jazz Bass
all i can say is keep practicing, try different scales with the legato maybe the one you're trying is lil more difficult.. I find with legato the shorter you keep ur bursts the better the explosion becomes if u get what im saying...
The most talented man on earth...
You should probably go backa dn examine your technique in great detail: make sure you're using the smallest movements possible; make absolutely certain there is no tension in your arm and hand, that sort of thing. The devil is in the detail.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
learn new exercises and learn songs that use legato and practice those too. practice your old exercises but not as much, or both if you have the time.
You've basically reached your "working speed". That's the speed where basic
practice wil get you pretty easily. I'd say 16th notes @ about 100BPM is where most
people will fall (yeah, there seems to be a lot of people who *say* they play much
faster, just ask to hear thier playing. They never seem to have any).

You need to try other gameplans and practice methods to help you expose where
you might be going wrong and where your technical flaws are at slower speeds. You definitely have them, otherwise you'd be able to play faster!
keep in mind that you don't need to dig in deep to get the notes to sound,
try hitting the strings with just the last 0,001 milimeter of the tip of the pick,
so you get the softest of sounds (not at speed yet) and play some lines like this, aiming for all notes to sound even, next apply dynamics (just start with beat-accentuation) and after that turn up the speed, but my main point is, you don't need to pick hard .. it will allow you to play faster, and it will all sound smoother, it's the only way to fly
1953 Epiphone zephyr
1988 PRS custom 24
1960 Moon oct. mandolin
^ is dead on. the very tip of the pick is what should be hitting, just enough to connect w/ the string and no more and no less. and edg i'll gladly put up something with me doing 16th's @ 130 for a fun "it is possible" demo
why is anchoring such a bad thing anyway?
Up the Punx!
Quote by duggyrocks
Here's a video I took today. It's explained in the video discription: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tC99kjBQ7Bs

Yeah, I've watched your video and your technique is pretty good but I was right: your movements are waaaay too big, check this video of Paul Gilbert and watch his picking hand: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8tVwYaUO0E

The movements are tiny; that's what you should be aiming for in terms of movement and that is the way forward, trust me.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.