Hey Everybody!

I finally buyed my 1570, now i want to replace pups because the stock pups suck.

only pups that i know are EMG 60/81/85 and Dimarzios D Activator , AirNorton

i play heavy metal mostly , i want to get that 80ish metallica sound i know that they use EMG"s but i have seen many posts around forum that people are disapointed after purchase.

so guys, any ideas what to buy?

which pickups suits best RG1570 (Bassword + Solid body) for heavy metal 80ish sound?

thanks again guys!

P.S. I Have a cheap amp now but i will replace it soon for a 1000~$ one! (for metal again) (so dont ask which amp i have)
Last edited by Nomak1 at Oct 31, 2007,
Quote by Zakk_Wylde001
What amp are you buying?

you must be jokin' :P

i wrote that i will buy an amp around 1000$ price range that will suit metal sound.

chris
i play metallica 24/7 , only using cleans when a friend asks me to play a song or when playing one or fade to black... so yea i want pups for metal only.

Neck -
Bridge -

What will be the best choice?!
smile
i'm guessing you get ripped off on duncans etc. in georgia?

if you never use cleans, a swineshead xbucker, probably paired with a neck warthog (or even xbucker if you truly never use cleans) might be worth a look. If you have more cash, something like a ceramic warpig (bareknuckle) might be worth a look.

best if you can email both for their advice too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i'm guessing you get ripped off on duncans etc. in georgia?

if you never use cleans, a swineshead xbucker, probably paired with a neck warthog (or even xbucker if you truly never use cleans) might be worth a look. If you have more cash, something like a ceramic warpig (bareknuckle) might be worth a look.

best if you can email both for their advice too.

georgia is spit on a world map, getting good non-chinese musical instrument is unbelievable.

the pickups you posted SOUND KILLER(xbucker) they pwn the examples that are posted on the EMG website so i guess that's it! i will take those!

i knew about bareknuckles but they cost 2 much. i want to fit in like in 250$ for both pups!

thanks bud!
smile
Last edited by Nomak1 at Oct 31, 2007,
Quote by thedonutman
If you detune, the Dimarzio D-Sonic is pretty good. Personally I love the sound of evos though.

nah i never detune, try listening to the swineshead xbucker/warthog do those dizmarios sound more killer?
smile
Might be worth looking into Merlin pickups, they're made a liitle closer to home in Poland. As far as I can tell they work out around £50 each...the websites in Polish unfortunately so I can't tell you much more than that! I know Ran use Merlins on a lot of their custom builds though.

http://www.merlinpickups.com/
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
^ probably also worth a look, mark... they're handwound, right?

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ probably also worth a look, mark... they're handwound, right?

Um...I dunno, what's Polish for "handwound"?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

toshay.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
well, if you ask me, my swineys are nicer than any dimarzios I've tried, though I haven't tried all the dimarzios (far from it), nor have I tried the xbucker. Swineys are definitely a major contender in the "cheap, but good, handwound pickups" market. In my opinion.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
well, if you ask me, my swineys are nicer than any dimarzios I've tried, though I haven't tried all the dimarzios (far from it), nor have I tried the xbucker. Swineys are definitely a major contender in the "cheap, but good, handwound pickups" market. In my opinion.

There's a Warthog and a couple of Spotlights going in my Jackson when I get some monies...the Duncan Designed stocks are truly atrocious.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

^ good choice there mark. the spotlights have a really nice vintage 50's strat tone, while the warthog is a great all-rounder. It's not all that hot (something like a fred/paf pro, i guess?), but there really isn't anything you couldn't play with it, assuming your amp is versatile (i'm guessing your FA should be ok on that count...)

after all this talking up you'll probably hate them...

oh, and you have to get dodgy colours. it's the law.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Before you spend any money on pickups I suggest you swap the magnet from the neck pickup with the magnet from the bridge. Putting the bridges alnico magnet in the neck will give your neck a warmer PAF(ish) sound that is more full with better cleans and it'll sound louder. Puting the necks ceramic magnet into the bridge will boost output, give you a brighter high end and a tighter low end. It'll also give you more cut and a more defined tone. Try it and see what you think. It's free and you already plan on getting new pickups so it's not like you have anything to loose.
Not taking any online orders.
best bump ever.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?