Bow to the beer; all hail the ale; and the white wine ... for the ladies. Yes, the question I pose to you, pit monkeys of age (or not) - what are your favourite pubs, clubs, bars and cider-soaked Essex bus shelters? Where, in simpler terms, do you like to get pissed? With a community of however many tens of thousands, the law of averages state that some of you will be drinking in the same places as each other. Because if there's one thing that brings the people world together, it is the common goal of forgetting who you are and consequently who you hate and for what reason.

I, for instance, live in the fine city of Norwich, Norfolk, the UK. Apart from the art school SU bar (Jagerbombers, £1.50 cans and one of the few venues that does snakebite black, and only for about £2.30) I like the Walnut Tree Shades for the atmosphere, music and decor; Spencers for being a grimy dive that's open 'till about three and is frequented by big loud hairy men, unintelligible scottish labourers who buy you vodka all night, the Stem Cells (the best punk band in ... some of Norwich) and bisexual wizards who spank you on the sofas to prove some point or another; the Mischief (again, 'tis very grimy, sells triples for three quid and has a pool den) and the Playhouse on st. George's.

Of course, chances are no-one will have heard of any of the places you talk about, but it matters not - share anyway.

Tata
"Is it an ambulance? Is he Philip Larkin? So much power in so few words."
~The Observer

"A transcendant terrestris, a timeless behemoth, trapped like Sisyphus in the cyclical burden of his own genius."
~The Sun

"His a cant."
~The Independent
there are a number of fine drinking establishments in the village where i live (barrow upon soar, leicestershire, uk), i think about 6 at the last count.

my favourite is the navigation by the riverside, a fine collection of real ales.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
weatherspoons, in telford, shropshire, mainly cos newcastle brown is £1.80 a pint lol
Quote by DaveM666
weatherspoons, in telford, shropshire, mainly cos newcastle brown is £1.80 a pint lol

Sounds good to me.
Video Saloon in Bloomington, Indiana. Cheap pitchers of PBR. Was alot better before they banned smoking in bars. I'm not too much of a lady when it comes to beer, I'll drink it all. I do have my favorites, but to be honest, I drink vodka more than anything. I like it all though. Mmmm. Tip for all you snobs. Grey Goose vodka is the best, but there is a vodka that matches in taste and feel. Three Olives vodka. Just as good, but without the high price. In my opinion, no other vodka gets as close.
Sticky Fingers, Stars N' Bars and P.C in Gothenburg... Usually I'll have some beers and maybe one or two shots. Me and a buddy usually takes a jaeger each as we have that as a tradition.
Quote by soulphonate
Was alot better before they banned smoking in bars.

Are you joking? Now everyone can enjoy the smell of sweat, piss and fart that cigarette smoke used to mask
"Is it an ambulance? Is he Philip Larkin? So much power in so few words."
~The Observer

"A transcendant terrestris, a timeless behemoth, trapped like Sisyphus in the cyclical burden of his own genius."
~The Sun

"His a cant."
~The Independent

Crags.

Monday night, £1 a pint, awesome. Decent food, cheap alcohol and plenty of birds
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...

Taken from the inside of Sticky Fingers. Don't know what band that it though. Pretty packed
Quote by mud
Are you joking? Now everyone can enjoy the smell of sweat, piss and fart that cigarette smoke used to mask

Not joking. In Indiana, it's just a city ordinance for Bloomington and maybe the larger cities of the state, but in Ohio where I live, it is a state wide ban. No smoking in any professional/business establishment. Also, I've noticed here in Ohio, police will wait outside of bars to catch people driving drunk. It's almost not worth going out here in Ohio.

Also, where I live, the bars are full of rednecks, so it's hard to find conversation.
on friday nights i frequent a bar called McCarthy's in Floral Park, NY. me and me friends go and they have a jukebox thats hooked to the internet so they have almost every song ever recorded, so i go in and blast heavy metal, good times are had
I go to Sumo on a Friday, generally down the pub if I go out during the week, I generally drink at mates houses on Saturdays. I occasionally go to the Rugby stands in Norton and drink cider and cheap lager and eat pizza for old times sake. It's great
When life gives you lemons just say fuck the lemons and bail

Quote by Duffman123
The first time I saw his name I thought it said cunt Seanula >_>

True story.
Usually I head out to Newtown or some pubs in george street. The landsdowne, charlie chans, bar broadway etc.

Prefer newtown there. love the atmosphere.

though I was kicked out of the townie (in newtown) for being too drunk.. when I was sitting down chatting with mates who were probably at the same level of light drunkness. I was typsy... wasnt stumbling or slurring but im guessing its the way I dress.

So then we went to another bar up the road. Bouncer wouldnt let me. Held his hand infront of me and shook his head. Wouldnt talk when I asked why.

dickheads.
my basement
my bathroom (cuz drikning in the shower is cool)
purple nurple!

Quote by RizzoWashburn
dis meanz yoo can make three p0nx albums!

One that sucks, one that doesn't suck, and one that nobody cares about!
Quote by AlkalineCherry
my basement
my bathroom (cuz drikning in the shower is cool)

nothin like a cold beer in a hot shower.
Quote by soulphonate
Video Saloon in Bloomington, Indiana. Cheap pitchers of PBR. Was alot better before they banned smoking in bars. I'm not too much of a lady when it comes to beer, I'll drink it all. I do have my favorites, but to be honest, I drink vodka more than anything. I like it all though. Mmmm. Tip for all you snobs. Grey Goose vodka is the best, but there is a vodka that matches in taste and feel. Three Olives vodka. Just as good, but without the high price. In my opinion, no other vodka gets as close.

oh snap. thats within an hour of here. you still go down there from time to time?

but anyway, i enjoy going to mogger's here in terre haute. they have like 200+ different kinds of beers, with terre haute's own champagne velvet beer. also i go to sonka's irish pub, or simrell's, depends on who im with and what kinda mood im in.

and they havent banned smoking entirely here. there are rules you have to follow tho if you want a smoking section, like it has to have a separate negative pressure ventilation system and a certain type of doorway between smoking and non-smoking. very few places actually have it (moggers and simrells being two of them). most just went smoke-free.
Quote by Dimebag22
This might just be the smartest guy in The Pit. I didn't believe Ethan when he told me there were smart people in The Pit But I was wrong.

yeah, thats me

member 42 of the Iron Maiden are gods club. PM revelations to join
Probably my favourite place is a private environment with friends, or house partys and that. That's probably because in bars it is so expensive in comparison . . . but it also means that when I do go straight out on a bender, I enjoy it more 'cause of the variety and such. Good times!

"The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society"
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Crags.

Monday night, £1 a pint, awesome. Decent food, cheap alcohol and plenty of birds

WTF? I'm there tonight! You studying in Edinburgh?
Originally posted by TestForEcho
Badreligionrock is the man.

Quote by Pinky19
Badreligionrock you have the greatest avatar of all time. Rejected is the best video. Period.
I live in a small village and the pub is a bit hostile to young 'uns, so I usually go to town. Start off in a quiet pub, then go onto this middle ground drinking establishment with a HUGE garden, great for us smokers, then I go to one of the clubs, or sometimes both.
Quote by tanglewoodguit
Right next to a train track in the village next to mine

dude, what part of the west mids do you hail from?
Quote by Badreligionrock
WTF? I'm there tonight! You studying in Edinburgh?

, awesome.

Yeah, I'm a 2nd year at Edinburgh uni, live literally two minutes from Crags.

Don't think I'm going to a pub tonight, we've got some Super Tennent's in the fridge cos it's 75p a can in the shop down the road, and then the plan is to hit Liquid, Cav or Opal Lounge.

EDIT: And now I'm going to Crags,
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Last edited by FrenchyFungus at Oct 31, 2007,
i like the hub in colchester for a nice meal at lunch a few white wine spritzers; the white hart in manningtree for a few drinks in the evening; the george on colchester high street is very nice; varsity in coventry is pretty cool (but i only get to visit when i go to see my boyfriend at uni); i quite like my own house, too. or my boyfriend's bedroom.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Lichfield.

Its pretty shit tbh.

hahaha, yeah, I can almost walk there from my town