hello!

i am sure you hate to see such kind of threads but i need your help.
i already play the piano and know lots about harmony but i have decided to pick up the guitar as well. i would like to play Muse, Radiohead, Placebo, Metallica etc.

my budget is £200-£300, but could go up to £400 if it made a huge difference. can you please make some suggestions?

i really like the way the Squier OBEY Graphic Strat HSS Dissent. seems like a guitar i would keep even after i bought a more expensive one at some point. any thoughts?
Well see heres the thing when your begginning you wont notice the difference in sounds from guitar to guitar so im pretty sure anything you get for your first guitar will sound like anything else so a Squire should be perfect, But like Ragnarock said, if you keep playing and get into it, you will hate it so much, so you will need to upgrade to maybe an actual Fender or any other brand you think might support the genre you want to play

i started off with a ****ty Fender knockoff called a Johnson for $75 and it was great for about 5 months then i got an Epiphone Les Paul then i really got into it and wanted a more heavy metal sound so i got an Ltd Ec-1000 Deluxe for about $1850 but in the begginning it wont matter.
In the beginning it won't matter that much, but it's a good idea to get a guitar you like to play (feels good).
I dunno bout you guys, but what reallly did good for me is my roland microcube... I had a yamaha pacifica112j... so i think a good amp would important too wouldn it? i recomend the roland cubes... and for guitar i think the yamaha pacifica offers a lot more bang for your buck than squiers, but thats just me... not really sure how much they cost in the uk though..
If you can stretch to £400, you'd do well to spend half of that on a decent amp, say a Vox AD15VT, and half on the guitar. For the guitar, I'd suggest a Squier Fat Strat, or Yamaha Pacifica. The HSS config would be veratile enough to get what you're looking for. If you could stretch to a Fender Highway Strat, that would be even better.
Quote by UrMomsMom
I dunno bout you guys, but what reallly did good for me is my roland microcube... I had a yamaha pacifica112j... so i think a good amp would important too wouldn it? i recomend the roland cubes... and for guitar i think the yamaha pacifica offers a lot more bang for your buck than squiers, but thats just me... not really sure how much they cost in the uk though..

Oh, seconded. I started out on a Microcube too.