Hi all, im looking for a nice valve combo amp to practice, record and take band practice with me. the jcm 800 ive got is currently to big for practice and to loud for home recording so im stuck with a crap mg. I am willing to spend upto £300 ($600).

Im into indie rock punk type music so the amp needs to have good gain and a nice clean as well for certain stuff.

Any reccomendations are appreciated. Nice one, Si.
www.myspace.com/bluecollars

My Gear
Fender telecaster deluxe 72
Fender squire strat
Crafter acoustic
Boss ME-50
MXR 10 band EQ
EHX DMM
Marshall JCM 800 100w head
Marshall 1960a cab 4x12
Boss BR-1600
I've got a Peavey Valveking 212. its 100 watts. all tube (or valve, as you people who use euros say). I usually set it up for high-gain brown sound, blues, and grunge. Its pretty versatile. You could easily get a good punk or that indie jangle if you boost the mids and set the gain right. It was $600 but i swapped out the crap china tubes with groove tubes and it really helped out. At low volumes its really good for practicing. It also easily has enough power to jam with friends (my buddy i jam with plays drums and i begin to drown him out with the volume at about 7)
Gear nut
vox ad50vt....do it
equipment
guitars:
lefty fender tele standard ,
lefty tanglewood electro-acoustic
usa gibson flying v (flipped for lefty)
castrol oil can single coil electric
amp
vox ad50vt
pedals
dunlop crybaby wah
mxr blue box

go on ireland!
Yea the VC15 is nice. Would suit all the styles you mentioned and you will have some spare cash as well. Will just about keep up with a drummer for jamming.

EDIT: ^ That's not valve.
Guitars Fender Highway 1 Telecaster, Vintage VS-6, Yamaha C-40 Classical
Amps Laney VC15, Crate GT212 *FOR SALE*
Pedals Fulltone OCD, Vox V847, Marshall The Echohead, EHX Small Clone, Korg DT-10

Member of the Laney Cult
Quote by mrryan
I've got a Peavey Valveking 212. its 100 watts. all tube (or valve, as you people who use euros say). I usually set it up for high-gain brown sound, blues, and grunge. Its pretty versatile. You could easily get a good punk or that indie jangle if you boost the mids and set the gain right. It was $600 but i swapped out the crap china tubes with groove tubes and it really helped out. At low volumes its really good for practicing. It also easily has enough power to jam with friends (my buddy i jam with plays drums and i begin to drown him out with the volume at about 7)

Ehm he already has a big amp, he wanted a small amp...
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Will the VC 15 be good for recording?? Also it really does need to be loud enough for band practice, at 15watt will it defiantely be loud enough for me? I dont want buy it if it might not be you see. Nice one

My Gear
Fender squire strat
Crafter acoustic
Boss ME-50
MXR 10 band EQ
EHX DMM
Marshall 1960a cab 4x12
Boss BR-1600
^ I use a 5w at band practice without Mics. I even gigged it in a full size indoor basketball court with a 900 strong audience, it was almost loud enough but then the mic gave me that extra bit.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by crazeehorse
vox ad50vt....do it

Is this a tube amp? Also will it be loud enough for band practice? What do you think is better, the Vox ad50vt or the laney vc15-110?

My Gear
Fender squire strat
Crafter acoustic
Boss ME-50
MXR 10 band EQ
EHX DMM
Marshall 1960a cab 4x12
Boss BR-1600
Quote by sidge222666
Is this a tube amp? Also will it be loud enough for band practice? What do you think is better, the Vox ad50vt or the laney vc15-110?

The Vox is a hybrid. In this case, it's essentially a SS amp with a single pre-amp tube in the power section designed to warm up the sound. Very good for what it is, but it's not a valve amp.

A 15W all valve amp will sound about as loud as a 50W SS amp. The big difference is that the valve amp will sound better as you crank it, while the SS amp will start to sound crap. Either should be fine for band practice, certainly for the styles you're talking about.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.