That's right, those of you old enough to remember Dreamcast, this one if for you.

My Dreamcast worked fine for months. A few days ago it started freezing up in the middle of the game, which was annoying but no real problem if I saved stuff. The day after that, though, it simply stopped working altogether. I can't even get "Dreamcast" to come up on the screen anymore. When I turn it on, it sounds like a CD player making successive vain attempts to cue up.

Anyone ever have this problem, or know any online resources for Dreamcast issues? I've been scouring Google.
Death to Ovation haters!
I had to get it replaced once. The CD laser or something just kinda died. When it wouldn't play Soul Calibur or Shenmue any more, that was it!! Get it checked out somewhere mate. By the way, I just got a massive urge to play Powerstone 2.
Quote by PatchworkMan
I was almost through Phantasy Star.

Great days!! I remember playing that with my mate, still got a Dreamcast keyboard kicking about somewhere. Shame they changed the pricing policy of Dreamkey from pay-as-you-go kinda thing to a flat rate monthly thing, I couldn't afford that.
i miss my dreamcast

heres hoping the Wii provides some decent sega titles (NiGHTs FTW!!!)
Quote by WickedBeast666
Noooooooooooo how could this be! he at all the chocolate in the box
Oh well, now the empty shell of what used to be chocolaty goodness can contain a tasty guitar circuit.

speaking of my homemade pedal
Quote by fosho
i miss my dreamcast

heres hoping the Wii provides some decent sega titles (NiGHTs FTW!!!)

I never played that, heard great things about it though.

I want the Powerstone games and Shenmue 1 & 2 primarily. Would be awesome.
There is also the possibility that the thing which spins the disc can not grip it hard enough, that is, it is slipping.

Try adding a small piece of tape of paper or something, and see if it helps.
Yea Dreamcasts weren't the most reliable machines. Mine kept resetting during mid-game. Very Annoying!

Shenmue was the shit
Quote by jimtaka
i'd say your guitar is out of tune, or you are accidentally muting strings that you aren't trying to, or your right hand isn't strumming at the same time that your left hand is fretting, or you could be reading the tab upside down...
Quote by 7DaySkeptic
I had to get it replaced once. The CD laser or something just kinda died.

That's exactly what happened with my one.

Ah, I remember the days and nights spent playing Shenmue. Personally, I think that game is the greatest game off all time.
Sega Sports Jam, Crazy Taxi, Sonic Adventure..... Ah, I miss my Dreamcast. I might have to pick one up cheap one of these days.

I don't know why they never sold well....
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz

I'm having chicken nuggets for lunch.

My Day > Yours
Quote by MayContainNuts
That's exactly what happened with my one.

Ah, I remember the days and nights spent playing Shenmue. Personally, I think that game is the greatest game off all time.
Sega Sports Jam, Crazy Taxi, Sonic Adventure..... Ah, I miss my Dreamcast. I might have to pick one up cheap one of these days.

I don't know why they never sold well....

It was brought out at the wrong time. The playstation was still kicking ass and the N64 emerged soon afterwards, leaving the poor DC as a kindof expensive middle ground. Then the PS2 came along and it was pretty much left to die

Virtua Tennis was fantastic too, but Wii Sports Tennis fills that void for me. Shenmue is an absolutely wonderful game. In fact I'm incredibly tempted to set up my DC and play it again. Hmmmmmmm....
Those things were ahead of their time. Thats why they flopped. Also I guess they broke easily, heh. Sorry can't help. Google that sheeeeit.
We're only strays.
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
Those things were ahead of their time. Thats why they flopped. Also I guess they broke easily, heh. Sorry can't help. Google that sheeeeit.

They flopped for a few reasons but that is imho, a crucial one. The "home brew" and ease of playing copied games (though ironically brilliant) helped to destroy it in the states and Japan. I don't actually believe the public were ready to experience the sort of awesome games that were ten a penny - arcade perfect conversions, killer graphics, awesome memory card, internet capabilities, motion sensored fishing rods, GD-Roms... we could go on... (if you ask me, the WII is more like the dreamcast/vice versa than any other console). Not only that it was very classy, compact and had great styling and also great value.

I don't think the public were ready for online gaming, on consoles. Heck, I didn't even have the internet on a computer when I got my dreamcast. Nor did *alot* of people.

I could say alot more but I think that makes sense. I'm not into games actively anymore but I will happily get passionate about the dreamcast, the greatest game machine the gaming world (half) saw.

Edit - my xbox and gamecube have been under my bed for months. My dreamcast gets played often. (Though I will set the other consoles up some time).
Quote by whoismilan
There is also the possibility that the thing which spins the disc can not grip it hard enough, that is, it is slipping.

Try adding a small piece of tape of paper or something, and see if it helps.

That's not a bad idea. I'll give it a shot.
Death to Ovation haters!
You can always play the games on a pc via an emulator. That's what I used when I played Ikaruga.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
mine got taken when my house was robbed years ago so it never had a chance to break down but from what i remember the laser eye was supposedly faulty on a lot of units
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
suck TS, i dont know what's wrong with your dreamcast. mine still works fine, sometimes i play a little Jet Grind Radio, PSO, and sonic adventure.

i miss sega making consoles, they were the shit
Quote by stephen_rettie
mine does
sonic adventure! ha that game was hilarious

No way! I liked that game. Shame my dreamcast stopped working when I was nearly done with sonic adventure 2.
It's a shame Dreamcast didn't last; there are so many fantastic games for it. Quake 3, PSO, Soul Calibur, Marvel vs. Capcom...
Death to Ovation haters!
Quote by armon77
suck TS, i dont know what's wrong with your dreamcast. mine still works fine, sometimes i play a little Jet Grind Radio, PSO, and sonic adventure.

i miss sega making consoles, they were the shit

Jet Set Radio = UBER PWNAGE
Ibanez RG770DX Reissue

Ibanez Apex 2

Ibanez S520EX w/ EMGs

Marshall DSL100 Halfstack

NEWCASTLE UNITED!