I am looking for a guitar and I can't find what I want, well I have but I'm having a hard time. I'm looking for a V, star shape, or Soloist guitar. It has to have a FR and I'd prefer passive pickups and an alder body. So far I'm looking at a Jackson SL3(Red) and an ESPGus G signature, I'm also looking into Jackson Warriors, Kellies and the RR24's. I am planning on going to Dallas, TX in a couple of weeks(So if anybody from around there knows any really good places to go tell me) and I'm wanting to trade a couple of guitars for what I like. It turns out that one of my guitars is just all wrong for me and I know I'll be able to get $1000-$1500 for my stuff that I'm trying to trade in. So can anybody suggest me anything else or give me info on the Gus G, I'm played the SL3 and I love it, but the Gus G looks so much cooler.

Oh yeah, I play a lot of heavy stuff, which is what I'm mainly looking for, and some blues, classic rock, and Shred stuff.
SPAM
Stock Gibson Pickups from a 2005 V, I think they're a 498T and 500T set FS/FT
Duncan Distortion (regular spaced) FS

Looking for: an acoustic, recording gear, or $
Last edited by FFFDFEFRFKFFF at Oct 31, 2007,
Wow, for 1000 you can get some sweet guitars! I say try the Kelly. If you liked the Soloist, you'll like it, too, as despite the radical shape, it's got similar features. It also has a humbucker in the neck position.

Try a KE2 if it's within your price range.

EDIT: nevermind, it's 2000 dollars. Get the Gus one, then. Better value for money. Suprising for a signature model...
The Gus G is sweet. Shows why Charvel/Jackson needs to make a budget version of the Star. For $1500 though, I bet you could get a used Jackson USA Soloist, Rhoads, or KElly if you were patient.
Well see I don't really want to wait, but I can. I'm planing this trip for my girlfriend so we can go "get away" and she can shop and I can be miserable until we finally go look for my new guitar. I have an RR3 and its awsome but the trem has went to crap. I've got a Carvin and IDK what it is about it because no other guitar does this but I get a pain in my wrist when I play it and its not really my style. So I'm wanting to trade in the Carvin, some pedals, and if need be my Dinky(I pray NOT). Thanks for the suggestions I was looking at a Kelly also, I forgot to mention it. The only think is that I want something with an OFR or LFR of high quality.
SPAM

I know I love the guitar, but IDK if a shop will order it for me just to let me trade in for it so "m hoping I can just sell everything and buy it myself, I thought hte guitar was sex when my grilfriend, roomate, mom, and even my grandmother said it was really pretty.
SPAM

Has anyone actually played a Gus G model though?
SPAM

Quote by FFFDFEFRFKFFF
Has anyone actually played a Gus G model though?

Probably not I only spent 5 minutes on one awhile back, because I was really seriously looking, just trying it because I'd been wanting to.
I've been looking at them since I heard of Firewind like a year or so ago. I'm pretty much certain I want one but I don't want to get it without trying one and the only ESP dealer close to me is in Dallas and they don't have any in stock.
SPAM

So nobody has really tested out a Gus G signature guitar? [/bump]
SPAM

To be completely honest, in my opinion the Gus G signature is ugly as hell. So there. You people hate Razorbacks (which I love), and I hate that GUS (which you all seem to love) =p

Anyway, if it were me, I would look at Jacksons and other higher end ESP's. I would probably go with the RR24, since I rarely use my own neck pickup, and it's an otherwise incredible guitar. But everyone has their own opinion. Just go play a bunch of guitars, including the GUS if you can find it, and see what you like.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
I like Razorbacks, so there, but the V version is cooler. I use the neck pick up all the time and I wnat to stay away from active pickups so that guitar is kind of iffy, unless I try it and it blows me away.
SPAM

ibanez xiphos...the guitar is like 650 USD and it plays like a dream...i have one, and it is the best guitar i have ever played for that price..and it just looks sweeeeeeeet

if you dont like the edge 111, then swap it out for extra money, i love my edge111 and am not yet having troubles with it...but i hear some people hate them so you can switch it out if you want
Okay I'll try one of those out, anyone else got a suggestion?
SPAM

Quote by DragonFlame1990
ibanez xiphos...the guitar is like 650 USD and it plays like a dream...i have one, and it is the best guitar i have ever played for that price..and it just looks sweeeeeeeet

if you dont like the edge 111, then swap it out for extra money, i love my edge111 and am not yet having troubles with it...but i hear some people hate them so you can switch it out if you want

Wtf is an Edge111. Massive fail The Edge III isn't bad when setup right, but I find the quality on none MIJ Ibanez to be HORRIBLE. I wrote a review of my RG5EX1 to put it in perspective (which if you do read that I fixed the issue with the saddle). The hardware finish is extremely cheap, the build quality is not there, and worse, Ibanez just doesn't seem to care. That and the pickups in it are crap compared to the Duncans in the Gus g and SL3. If you're going to consider the Xiphos, you should look at the KE3, WRMG, and RR3 as well.
Yeah, I had notice the Xiphos before but I never really looked anything up on it until today and I realized it kind of sucks, Edge IIIs are a masssive fail as well.
SPAM