Im seriously considering getting a washburn x50 and i was wondering if the fact that the back of the neck is painted makes the neck slower to play?

Also, if anyone has this guitar, is the neck as thin as an ibanez or any other metal guitar?
The neck is more like an SG neck. 43mm and medium thick, not nearly as thin as an Ibanez or jackson. And it is painted. I found it slows me down slightly, but not so much as me disliking the general feel of it as opposed to a satin neck. Other than that, it's got outstanding specs, I'd just never buy one because of the neck.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Hmm, generally I find no difference with painted necks, it depends on your playing style, if you wrap your hand around the neck and are trying to slide up and down and all over the shop very quickly then yeah, its going to slow you down a little, personally I dont let little things like this affect my playing
Diezel, Motherfucker
If you have dry hands, you won't notice it. If your hands are sweaty, or even a bit moist (mine almost always are), it might stick to it, but it's nothing unbearable. You get used to it. It doesn't slow you down, you just feel that you hand sticks when you hold it tightly.

You can always sand it down a bit.
Quote by mh400nt
Hmm, generally I find no difference with painted necks, it depends on your playing style, if you wrap your hand around the neck and are trying to slide up and down and all over the shop very quickly then yeah, its going to slow you down a little, personally I dont let little things like this affect my playing

Yeah that's pretty much it really.

The thing I find mostly is it doesn't affect my playing too much, if at all. It's just i don't like how it feels.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
ive played a few and i really dig them, i kinda want one too. the neck feels the same size as an Ibanez SZ model to me. and one thing i really like was how amazingly light the body was
If it is uncomfortable in the least for you to play, don't get it. Play all the guitars you can get your hands on till you find the one! NEVER settle just for looks, brand-name, or anything frivilous like that. If you are asking questions about this guitar's playability, then you shouldn't get this particular axe, IMO.
the paint shouldnt slow it down too much
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
painted necks drive me nuts, i sand them down
1992 Ibanez JS6
LesPaul Studio pewter
Fender Strat Lite Ash
Yamaha APX-3
it's a preference issue. I've owned multiple painted necks and didn't have a significant loss in speed or movement on them. although, I personally prefer unpainted necks. but I wouldn't let it discourage me from getting a painted neck.
Jumping Jax Champion 1965!