I asked to do some research for a friend. Because there is such a mix of great inviduals on UG I decided to ask here.

What good ways is there to make money from art? Please add good detail including funding, etc.
Well if your paintings are good enough you can sell them. Do illustrations for children's books, look at Quentin Blake. Go into design for big companies, I know a guy who designs stuff for coca cola, it's on commission, but there can be good money.

EDIT: Hell ****in' yeah, FIRST POST!
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
photographers earn a shizzle load of money.

something like £3000 for a five hour wedding.

graphic design - there's advertisement hoarding design, animation, television, posters, cd art work, publicity, films, magazines...

there's set design, jewellery, etc...

teaching art, being a museum curator, art therapist...

fashion designer...

or there's simply making art for art's sake, be it photography, fine art, sculpture, whatever. that's less likely to make you money though (trust me on this one )

there's the www.deviantart.com shop, there's places like www.splitreason.com who will pay you if you design a t-shirt that's good enough...etc etc.

i want to make a living from art myself, so tell your friend to stay out of my territory, lol.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
People always need to design something, but not everyone can afford a pro art student or designer. Ask some smaller companies if they need that sort of stuff. Look for ads in newspapers.
Quote by Craigo
No photography, no teaching... Money for making art. Anyway to collect fundings? Etc.

erm...well...not easily. art is notoriously difficult to make money from.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Quote by esther_mouse
erm...well...not easily. art is notoriously difficult to make money from.

I know, but, not from just making art. Making designs for whatever she's okay with. She's open minded, as long as she is using art to make something.
Quote by Craigo
I asked to do some research for a friend. Because there is such a mix of great inviduals on UG I decided to ask here.

What good ways is there to make money from art? Please add good detail including funding, etc.

good question. I was just planning on both making art and another job with that, perhaps guitar teaching. All I know is that I persist with doing what I love, the money will eventually take care of itself. I just need to find out what to do in the meantime.
Quote by esther_mouse
graphic design - there's advertisement hoarding design, animation, television, posters, cd art work, publicity, films, magazines...

This is what I do at college and I would say that the biggest factors would be the advertising. It's everywhere and eye-catching.