Few questions.

1. What's everyone got against the Revolution heads? They're overpriced, admittedly, but judging from the sound that Amott had on Doomsday Machine, they can get a pretty damn heavy tone, which is surely their purpose.

2. Is the Rev Jr head any good?

3. Would the Distortus Maximus--->decent, EQ'd tube amp sound anywhere near good, think Arch Enemy, bassy, downtuned sound?

4. Why oh why the Krankenstein... I agree with you all there, it sucks.

I'm asking this because I plan to buy a Rev head+cab sometime, and probably a Peavey Valveking with a Distortus Maximus in the meantime because of lack of funds. Cheers all
1: overpriced, and not very versatile. that's pretty much it in a nutshell.

2: haven't tried it.

3: haven't tried it.

4:
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by webbtje
Few questions.

1. What's everyone got against the Revolution heads? They're overpriced, admittedly, but judging from the sound that Amott had on Doomsday Machine, they can get a pretty damn heavy tone, which is surely their purpose.

2. Is the Rev Jr head any good?

3. Would the Distortus Maximus--->decent, EQ'd tube amp sound anywhere near good, think Arch Enemy, bassy, downtuned sound?

4. Why oh why the Krankenstein... I agree with you all there, it sucks.

I'm asking this because I plan to buy a Rev head+cab sometime, and probably a Peavey Valveking with a Distortus Maximus in the meantime because of lack of funds. Cheers all

KRANK are the heaviest amps in the world. krankestein rules it doesn't suck it's a mothe****ing heavy machine.if you don't agree the ****YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gear:

ESP LTD MH-400
Samick Malibu
ENGL Fireball
Framus 2x12 (V30's)
Line 6 Spider II

Pedals:
Behringer Acoustic modeler,
Jam NS-wah (handmade wah)
EHX LPB-1
Mxr Phase 90

mics: Shure Sm57
Well, I've not yet had a chance to play on the 'Stein. The Rev one I did jam on for quite a while in a music store in town. My only real problem other than the price is the low end. Although it was quite fat and heavy, I felt that the higher range needed some tweaking. The overdrive was tight and on the ball, even if a Krank is a one trick pony, I'd still get one if metal was going to be my main focus.

As for the Distortus Maximus, is does provide metal tones for those on a budget. I ran it straight into a Genz-Benz El Diablo combo and kicked it to a clean channel and the sound was decent. Not as crushing as the half stack, but impressive none the less. What was the shop-keeps idea was is to run a DOD YJM right before it into the amp. We hooked up the signal chain and it sounded alright but the fuzz and hiss from the speakers was annoying as all bloody hell.

They do make a Rev series one combo, BTW. Just in the matter of not getting a full stack or half stack. Choice is yours chum!
When will DiMarzio make active pickups?
A lot of people say they are over priced and one dimension. they are also a very dark voiced amp apparently. I've only played the Rev Jr, nad I agree that is vastly over priced for what you get.

Quote by Metalhead765
KRANK are the heaviest amps in the world. krankestein rules it doesn't suck it's a mothe****ing heavy machine.if you don't agree the ****YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Says Mr. Spider II with a fleet of Behringer pedals.
Quote by Metalhead765

aha, all right, run along now, i think the krank design team is lost without your valuable input.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?